Raphoe Mart – Cattle Prices – 12-05-2022
The mart manager reported that stock met with an “outstanding trade with prices reaching record levels”.
She noted that lighter weights changed hands from €2.80/kg to €3.80/kg, while Aberdeen Angus cattle ranged from €2.20/kg to €3.20/kg and Friesian cattle sold from €1.80/kg to €2.40/kg.
Furthermore, cows were “highly sought” after, with many selling for over €3.00/kg, with prices to €3,860/head.
Harkin said: “Strong, forward cattle sold from €3/kg to €3.80/kg. Top-quality medium weights were also in demand and made from €2.80/kg to €3.50/kg.”
“Bulls/bullocks went under the hammer from €2.50/kg to €3.50/kg, while heifers traded from €2.50/kg to €3.80/kg and fat cows ranged from €830/head to €3860/head,” Harkin added.
Raphoe Mart 12-05-2022
- Beef bullocks – €1000 to €1265 over the weight;
- Store bullocks – €535 to €1115 over the weight;
- Bulls over 600kgs – €675 to €1555 over the weight;
- Store heifers – €350 to €900 over the weight;
- Beef heifers – €670 to €1885 over the weight.
This week’s sheep prices
According to Harkin, prices reached €322 at the mart’s sheep sale on Monday, May 9th, 2022.
Ewes with twins sold from €200 to €332/team, while ewes with one lamb changed hands from €140 to €248/team, and fat ewes went under the hammer from €100 to €216/head.
Spring lamb prices:
- €120 to €140 for 34-37kgs;
- €140 to €160 for 38-42kgs;
- €160 to €165 for 43-55kgs;
- One spring lamb (55kgs) sold for €194;
- Two spring lambs (50kgs) sold for €174 each.
Last week’s prices
Read a report
- Address: Raphoe Livestock Mart, Lifford, County Donegal.
- Contact: 074 914 5385
- Sale days: Sheep sale – Mondays at 11 a.m. Cattle sale – Thursdays at 11 a.m.
You can find more mart reports.
To include your report, email us – at [email protected]