Farmers and a butcher featured in a list of tax defaulters published by Revenue in respect of the period: October 1st, 2020 to December 31st, 2020.
Revenue published the tax defaulters list in two parts on Tuesday, March 9th, 2021.
- Part 1: Persons in whose case the court has determined a penalty relating to a settlement, or has imposed a fine, imprisonment or other penalty regarding a tax or duty offence.
- Part 2: Persons in whose case Revenue has accepted a settlement offer instead of initiating court proceedings, or a settlement has been paid in full. This list reflects the amount of a settlement that remained unpaid at the end of the period, December 31st, 2020.
Failure to lodge income tax return(s):
- Brendan Creighton, Attyshonock, Bushy Park, Co. Galway – farmer – €1,250;
- James McCaffrey, Tievemore, Pettigo, Co. Donegal – farmer – €1,250;
- Tony Grey, 53, Headfort Grove, Kells, Co. Meath – butcher – €3,250;
- Joseph J McDonnell, Clonark, Cornafulla, Athome, Co. Roscommon – farmer – €1,250.
Mi-use of marked mineral oil:
- Dermot Boyle, Barnaderg, Tuam, Co. Galway – farmer – €2,500;
- Patrick Connelly, Glenantransa, Rosmuc, P.O. Co. Galway – farmer – €2,500;
- Noel Duignan, Mount Allen, Drumshambo, Co. Leitrim – farmer – €2,500;
- Joseph Michael Egan, Killeroran, Ballygar, Co. Galway – farmer – €2,500;
- Patrick Heffernan, Philipstown, Cappawhite, Co. Tipperary – farmer – €2,500;
- James Kelly, St. Tennants, Cleariestown, Co. Wexford – farmer – €2,500;
- John Prendergast, Ardcloon, Dunmore, Tuam, Co. Galway – farmer/electrician – €2,500;
- Michael Reynolds, Stabannon, Castlebellingham, Co. Louth – company director/farmer – €2,500;
- Patrick Sheehan, Kilbarrym, Bandon, Co. Cork – farmer – €2,500.
Obstruction of a revenue officer:
- Richard Gallagher, 15 Ardcrannagh, Gortlee, Letterkenny, Co. Donegal – farmer – €2,500.
- Eanna Canavan, The Bungalow, Beclare, Tuam, Co. Galway – farmer – tax: €25,564.13, interest: €9,351.18, penalties: €7,669.24, total: €42,584.55 – Revenue audit case: under-declaration of Income Tax;
- Liam Stones, Ballyburley, Fahy, Rhode, Co. Offaly – farmer/machinery supplies T/A Liam Stones Engineering – tax: €250,000, interest: €65,000, penalities: €75,000, total: €390,000 – Revenue audit case – under-declaration of Income Tax and VAT.
Revenue Compliance Yield
According to Revenue, in the 3-month period to December 31st, 2020, a total of 265 Revenue audit and investigations, together with 14,324 risk management interventions (aspect queries and profile interviews), were settled, resulting in a yield of €200.4 million in tax, interest, and penalties.