Raphoe Mart – Cattle Prices – 29-09-2022
According to Ann Harkin, an “extremely” large entry of cattle came under the hammer at Raphoe Mart’s most recent sale on Thursday, September 29th, 2022.
The mart manager reported that demand was evident for quality stock, with many making from €2.70/kg to €3.40/kg and topping at €1,585 over the kg.
On the other hand, lighter cattle also met a “brisk” trade, selling from €2.80/kg to €3.20/kg, while plainer lots changed hands from €2.30/kg to €2.80/kg in the ring.
At Thursday’s sale, Aberdeen Angus cattle sold from €2.20/kg to €2.70/kg, while Friesian cattle ranged from €1.80/kg to €2.20/kg.
Raphoe Mart 29-09-2022
- Heifers sold from €2.30/kg to €3.30/kg;
- Cull cows fetched from €900/head to €2540/head;
- Bulls/Bullocks went under the hammer from €2.20/kg to €3.20/kg.
- Bulls over 600kgs – €790 to €1235 over the weight;
- Beef bullocks – €765 to €1370 over the weight;
- Store bullocks – €400 to €1255 over the weight;
- Beef heifers – €545 to €1585 over the weight;
- Store heifers – €300 to €1050 over the weight.
This week’s sheep prices
According to Harkin, there was a “large” entry of sheep this week at Raphoe Mart.
She reported that a “good” trade prevailed for all classes, with prices to €140/head for lambs and from €60 to €170 for cull ewes.
- €70 to €90 for 27-33 kgs;
- €90 to €110 for 33-39 kgs;
- €110 to €130 for 40-45 kgs;
- €130 to €140 for 46-55 kgs.
Last week’s cattle prices
According to Ann Harkin, there was another “great” entry on offer at Raphoe Mart’s cattle sale on Thursday, September 22nd, 2022.
The mart manager reported that quality cattle continued to be “highly” sought after, changing hands from €2.80/kg to €3.30/kg. Meanwhile, she noted that lighter, plainer lots made from €2.20/kg to €2.60/kg.
Aberdeen Angus cattle sold from €2.40-€2.70/kg, while Friesian cattle fetched from €1.80-€2.20/kg.
Read more on this news article.
- Address: Raphoe Livestock Mart, County Donegal.
- Contact: 074 914 5385
- Sale days: Sheep sale – Mondays at 11 am. Cattle sale – Thursdays at 11 am.
You can find more mart reports.