Raphoe Mart – Cattle Prices – 29-09-2022
The mart manager reported that demand was evident for quality stock, with many making from €2.70/kg to €3.40/kg and topping at €1,585 over the kg.
On the other hand, lighter cattle also met a “brisk” trade, selling from €2.80/kg to €3.20/kg, while plainer lots changed hands from €2.30/kg to €2.80/kg in the ring.
At Thursday’s sale, Aberdeen Angus cattle sold from €2.20/kg to €2.70/kg, while Friesian cattle ranged from €1.80/kg to €2.20/kg.
Raphoe Mart 29-09-2022
- Heifers sold from €2.30/kg to €3.30/kg;
- Cull cows fetched from €900/head to €2540/head;
- Bulls/Bullocks went under the hammer from €2.20/kg to €3.20/kg.
- Bulls over 600kgs – €790 to €1235 over the weight;
- Beef bullocks – €765 to €1370 over the weight;
- Store bullocks – €400 to €1255 over the weight;
- Beef heifers – €545 to €1585 over the weight;
- Store heifers – €300 to €1050 over the weight.
This week’s sheep prices
According to Harkin, there was a “large” entry of sheep this week at Raphoe Mart.
She reported that a “good” trade prevailed for all classes, with prices to €140/head for lambs and from €60 to €170 for cull ewes.
- €70 to €90 for 27-33 kgs;
- €90 to €110 for 33-39 kgs;
- €110 to €130 for 40-45 kgs;
- €130 to €140 for 46-55 kgs.
Last week’s cattle prices
The mart manager reported that quality cattle continued to be “highly” sought after, changing hands from €2.80/kg to €3.30/kg. Meanwhile, she noted that lighter, plainer lots made from €2.20/kg to €2.60/kg.
Aberdeen Angus cattle sold from €2.40-€2.70/kg, while Friesian cattle fetched from €1.80-€2.20/kg.
Read more on this news article.
- Address: Raphoe Livestock Mart, County Donegal.
- Contact: 074 914 5385
- Sale days: Sheep sale – Mondays at 11 am. Cattle sale – Thursdays at 11 am.
You can find more mart reports.