Raphoe Mart – Cattle Prices – 22-09-2022
The mart manager reported that quality cattle continued to be “highly” sought after, changing hands from €2.80/kg to €3.30/kg. Meanwhile, she noted that lighter, plainer lots made from €2.20/kg to €2.60/kg.
Aberdeen Angus cattle sold from €2.40-€2.70/kg, while Friesian cattle fetched from €1.80-€2.20/kg.
Raphoe Mart 22-09-2022:
- Heifers made from €2.60/kg to €3.40/kg;
- Bulls/bullocks ranged from €2.50/kg to €3.30/kg;
- Fat cows sold from €700/head to €2480/head.
- Beef heifers – €650 to €1085 over the weight.
- Store heifers – €400 to €980 over the weight;
- Bulls over 600kgs – €800 to €1045 over the weight.
- Beef bullocks – €900 to €1560 over the weight;
- Store bullocks – €400 to €1225 over the weight.
Last week’s cattle prices
The mart manager reported that strong cattle “remained in great demand” and that a “similar trade prevailed for all stock on offer”.
Strong cattle changed hands from €2.60/kg to €3.30/kg, with males reaching €1,835 over the weight.
Meanwhile, heifers peaked at €1370 over the kg, while fat cows topped out at €2440 per head.
On the other hand, lighter cattle in the 400 kg to 500 kg weight range sold in a “great” trade also with quality lots breaking the €3.00/kg mark.
Aberdeen Angus cattle varied from €2.30/kg to €2.80/kg, while Friesian cattle pushed from €1.70/kg to €2.20/kg.
This week’s sheep prices
According to Harkin, a larger entry of sheep came under the hammer on Monday, September 19th, 2022.
She noted that a “steady” trade prevailed, which resulted in most lots being sold on the day.
- €70 to €90 for 28-33 kgs;
- €90 to €110 for 34-37 kgs;
- €110 to €130 for 38-45 kgs;
- €130 to €140 for 46-55 kgs.
- Address: Raphoe Livestock Mart, County Donegal.
- Contact: 074 914 5385
- Sale days: Sheep sale – Mondays at 11 am. Cattle sale – Thursdays at 11 am.
You can find more mart reports.