Raphoe Mart – Cattle Prices – 10-11-2022
According to Ann Harkin, there was another “good” entry of cattle at Raphoe Mart’s sale on Thursday, November 10th, 2022.
The mart manager reported that there was a “high” demand for quality stock, while lighter weights, and strong forward types were “highly sought after”.
Quality lots changed hands from €2.60/kg to €3/kg, while lighter lots sold up to €3.50/kg. Plainer cattle fetched from €2.10/kg to €2.50/kg at Thursday’s sale.
Aberdeen Angus cattle made from €2.20/kg to €2.60/kg, while Friesian cattle sold from €1.70/kg to €2.10/kg.
Raphoe Mart 10-11-2022
- Beef bullocks – €600 to €1035 over the weight;
- Store bullocks – €400 to €930 over the weight;
- Beef heifers – €600 to €1045 over the weight;
- Store heifers – €350 to €825 over the weight.
- Bulls/bullocks – €2.20/kg to €2.80/kg.
- Heifers – €2.30/kg to €3.50/kg.
- Fat cows – €600/head to €1970/head.
This week’s sheep prices
According to Ann Harkin, prices reached €170/head at Monday’s sheep sale.
Fat ewes sold from €50/head to €170/head, while lambs changed hands from €60-€152/head at its most recent sheep sale.
- €60 to €80 for 28-31kgs
- €80 to €100 for 32-36kgs
- €100 to €120 for 37-41kgs
- €120 to €130 for 42-45kgs
- €130 to €140 for 46-52kgs, while quality ewe lambs fetched up to €152/head.
Last week’s cattle prices
According to Ann Harkin, there was “another great” entry of cattle at its weekly cattle sale at Raphoe Mart, Co Donegal, on Thursday, November 3rd, 2022.
The mart manager reported that trade was “particularly brisk” for quality cattle, which changed hands from €2.60/kg to €3.20/kg, and on occasions, up to €4.00/kg for lighter lots.
Harkin explained that plainer cattle fetched from €2.10/kg-€2.40/kg at Thursday’s sale.
Aberdeen Angus cattle made from €2.20/kg to €2.70/kg, while Friesian cattle ranged from €1.50/kg to €2.00/kg.
Read more on this mart report.
- Address: Raphoe Livestock Mart, County Donegal.
- Contact: 074 914 5385
- Sale days: Sheep sale – Mondays at 11 am. Cattle sale – Thursdays at 11 am.
You can find more mart reports.