JCB 542-70 AGRI Pro
JCB has taken the wraps off what it regards as its “most powerful and fastest” Loadall ever.
The company has launched its new flagship Loadall telescopic handler, the 542-70 AGRI Pro.
It has what the firm describes as a “unique combination” of:
- Engine power and torque;
- Top speed;
- Hydraulic power.
These features combine to deliver new levels of performance and productivity around the farmyard, in fields and on-road.
The JCB 542-70 AGRI Pro features include:
- JCB 4.8-litre DieselMAX engine developing 173hp (129kW) and 690Nm of torque;
- 22% increase in a dynamic tractive effort; 25% greater road travel productivity;
- JCB DualTech VT half hydrostatic, half direct mechanical drive 50kph transmission;
- New twin axle hydraulic power braking system with auto four-wheel-drive engagement;
- Heavy-duty JCB axles with 10-stud hubs and 500mm-wide tyres on stronger rims;
- New rubber spring cab mounts give increased vibration and shock isolation;
- 14% increase in hydraulic flow from larger 72cc (160-litre/min) piston pump.
JCB 542-70 AGRI Pro
JCB Agriculture managing director, John Smith, said:
“With its 173hp engine and 50kph top speed, the new Loadall 542-70 AGRI Pro is the most powerful and fastest Loadall that JCB has ever built, with quicker acceleration and unmatched towing performance.”
“The Loadall design is already a world-beater in terms of performance and productivity. Now, this new model takes materials handling capabilities to a new level. A standard specification gives the machine tremendous operator appeal while setting a new benchmark for loading, handling and towing.”
“With its outstanding combination of market-leading features, we characterise the Loadall 542-70 AGRI Pro as offering the best in ‘PRO-FORMANCE’.”
“It has more power, more speed, more productivity to meet the demands of the professional operator,” Smith added.
Like other Loadall 542-70 models equipped with the DualTech VT transmission, the AGRI Pro has a maximum lift capacity of 4.2 tonnes and a full-height lift of 2.75 tonnes to 7.01m.
Furthermore, the Loadall 542-70 AGRI Pro also features a new high-speed version of JCB’s unique and performance-proven DualTech VT hydro-mechanical transmission.
According to the company, this provides “precise and progressive” control from hydrostatic drive up to 22kph (versus 19kph with the standard version) and power-efficient direct mechanical drive with a top speed of 50kph instead of 40kph.
Journey times and pace
Furthermore, the company claims the Loadall 542-70 AGRI Pro can reduce journey times between field and farm. It states it can “easily keep pace” with contractor lime and muck spreading teams when moving from one location to another.
There is also a new auto-engage JCB Smooth Ride System boom suspension set-up for the 542-70 AGRI Pro.
Optimised accumulators and hydraulic counterbalance valves are for:
- Increased boom oscillation;
- Isolation from vehicle movements;
- Reduced risk of loads being spilt or dislodged;
- A more comfortable journey for the operator.
Operators can also enjoy standard or climate-control air conditioning, a half-leather heated and ventilated air suspension seat with electric lumbar support adjustment.
Furthermore, the machine has a “spacious” Command Plus cab with its new shock and vibration-damping rubber spring and polymer damping mounts.
Other articles on That’s Farming: