Blessington Mart – Cattle Prices – 12-05-2022
According to a spokesperson for Blessington Mart, a “very good” trade prevailed at its general cattle sale on May 12th, 2022.
The spokesperson noted that beef cows and stronger stores improved by between €20-€40/head on the previous week.
Blessington Mart 12-05-2022
- Continental store bullocks – €560-€1,260 over
- HE/AA store bullocks – €400-€820 over;
- Friesian store bullocks – €330-€650 over;
- Continental store heifers – €540-€1,100 over;
- HE/AA store heifers – €400-€760 over;
- Beef cows – €700-€1,600 over;
- Feeding cows – €1250-€580 over.
This week’s sheep sale
Meanwhile, fat hoggets and spring lambs were up by €5-€7/head on the previous week at Tuesday’s (May 10th, 2022) sheep sale.
The spokesperson noted that there was a “very good” trade for all classes at its weekly sheep sale.
Spring lambs ranged from €155-€169 or €110 to €122 over the kg, while fat hoggets changed hands from €150-4167 or €100-€116 over the weight.
Meanwhile, heavy ewes traded from €170 to €210, while lighter ewes pushed from €100-€166/head and ewes with lambs at foot went under the hammer from €160-€250/unit.
Last week’s cattle prices
According to a spokesperson for Blessington Mart, a “very strong” trade prevailed for bullocks and heifers on Thursday, May 5th, 2022.
The spokesperson noted that there was “plenty of interest” in all cattle types at its most recent sale.
- Continental bullocks – €480-€1,080 over;
- HE/AA bullocks – €420-€740 over;
- Friesian store bullocks – €260-€540 over;
- Continental heifers – €480-€980 over;
- HE/AA heifers – €500-€640 over;
- Beef cows – €560-€1,150 over;
- Feeding cows – €260-€480 over;
- Cows with calves at foot – €1,100-€1,960/unit.
Last week’s sheep prices
According to a spokesperson, hoggets met with a “tougher” trade at Tuesday’s (May 3rd, 2022) sheep sale.
They noted that trade for cast ewes was similar to the previous week.
Fat hoggets ranged from €148-€167/head or €98-€116 over, while spring lambs changed hands from €158-€167/head or €108-€116 over the kg.
Meanwhile, ewes with lambs at foot went under the hammer from €140-€265/unit, while heavy ewes fetched from €170-€216/head and light ewes sold from €86-€158/head.
Read more from these sales.
You can find more mart reports on That’s Farming.
Email your reports to – email@example.com