Blessington Mart – Cattle Prices – 05-05-2022
According to a spokesperson for Blessington Mart, a “very strong” trade prevailed for bullocks and heifers on Thursday, May 5th, 2022.
The spokesperson noted that there was “plenty of interest” in all cattle types at its most recent sale.
Blessington Mart 05-05-2022
- Continental bullocks – €480-€1,080 over;
- HE/AA bullocks – €420-€740 over;
- Friesian store bullocks – €260-€540 over;
- Continental heifers – €480-€980 over;
- HE/AA heifers – €500-€640 over;
- Beef cows – €560-€1,150 over;
- Feeding cows – €260-€480 over;
- Cows with calves at foot – €1,100-€1,960/unit.
According to a spokesperson, hoggets met with a “tougher” trade at Tuesday’s (May 3rd, 2022) sheep sale.
They noted that trade for cast ewes was similar to the previous week.
Fat hoggets ranged from €148-€167/head or €98-€116 over, while spring lambs changed hands from €158-€167/head or €108-€116 over the kg.
Meanwhile, ewes with lambs at foot went under the hammer from €140-€265/unit, while heavy ewes fetched from €170-€216/head and light ewes sold from €86-€158/head.
Last week’s cattle sale
According to a spokesperson for Blessington Mart, a “very good” trade prevailed for all cattle types at its general sale on Thursday, April 28th, 2022.
They noted that there was a “very strong” trade for forward store bullocks and heifers, in particular.
Blessington Mart 28-04-2022
- Continental store bullocks – €480-€1,000 over;
- HE/AA store bullocks – €400-€730 over;
- Continental store bullocks – €400-€780 over;
- HE/AA store heifers – €380-€680 over;
- Beef cows – €500-€840 over;
- Feeding cows – €220-€460 over.
Last week’s sheep sale
According to a spokesperson for the mart, hogget and spring lamb prices were similar to last week’s levels at its sale on Tuesday, April 26th, 2022.
They noted that a large number of ewes went under the hammer at this week’s sheep sale and they met with a “very strong” trade.
- Heavy hoggets – €156-€167 or €100-€110 over the kg;
- Factory hoggets – €146-€160 or €100-€114 over the kg;
- Spring lambs – €140-€166 or €100-€122 over;
- Heavy ewes – €180-€242/head;
- Lighter ewes – €96-€172/head;
- Ewes with lambs at foot – €120-€240/head.
You can find more mart reports on That’s Farming.
Email your reports to – email@example.com