Kilkenny Mart report – calf prices – 25-05-2021
The mart’s auctioneer reported that more exporters were active at this week’s sale.
“About 20% of calves were sold online with the rest sold ringside. The sale resulted in a 100% clearance,” he explained.
Kilkenny Mart 25-05-2021:
- First-rate Friesian bulls – €90-€155/head;
- Second-rate Friesian bulls – €60-€100/head;
- Continental bulls – €220-€390/head;
- Continental heifers – €140-€300/head;
- Aberdeen Angus/Hereford bulls – €140-€310/head;
- Aberdeen Angus/Hereford heifers – €110-€270/head.
Calf prices at Kilkenny Mart last week
The mart’s auctioneer reported that “quality was not as good as last week”.
“Farmer buyers were in short supply, but exporters were operating for the lesser-type animal.”
Kilkenny Mart 18-05-2021:
- First-rate Friesian bulls – €100-€160/head;
- Second-rate Friesian bulls – €30-€80/head;
- Continental bulls – €140-€300/head;
- Continental heifers – €100-€280/head;
- Aberdeen Angus/Hereford bulls – €100-€280/head;
- Aberdeen Angus/Hereford heifers – €80-€270/head.
The mart’s auctioneer reported another “good, solid trade” for spring lambs and cull ewes. Lambs peaked at €180/head, while cull ewes topped out at €184/head.
“The sheep trade was similar to last week with no great change. Our dairy sales attracting much smaller numbers with next Monday being our last weekly dairy sale. Our dairy sales will be held fortnightly thereafter.”
Upcoming sales (Online and ringside under Covid-19 restrictions):
- Sheep sale – Mondays at 10 am with a dairy sale at 12 pm
- Calf sale – Tuesdays at 11 am.
- Cattle sale – Thursday – Cows at 10 am, followed by heifers, with bullocks at 10:30 am.
Mart reports – cattle and sheep prices:
See more mart reports.