Kilkenny Mart report – calf prices – 18-05-2021
The mart’s auctioneer reported that “quality was not as good as last week”.
“Farmer buyers were in short supply, but exporters were operating for the lesser-type animal.”
Kilkenny Mart 18-05-2021:
- First-rate Friesian bulls – €100-€160/head;
- Second-rate Friesian bulls – €30-€80/head;
- Continental bulls – €140-€300/head;
- Continental heifers – €100-€280/head;
- Aberdeen Angus/Hereford bulls – €100-€280/head;
- Aberdeen Angus/Hereford heifers – €80-€270/head.
Calf prices at last week’s sale
The mart’s auctioneer reported that a larger entry went under the hammer in comparison to the previous week’s sale.
“Fewer farmers operating but exporters filled the void – especially for plainer-types,” Candler added.
Kilkenny Mart 11-05-2021:
- First-rate Friesian bulls – €90-€205/head;
- Second-rate Friesian bulls – €50-€80/head;
- Continental bulls – €180-€300/head;
- Continental heifers – €140-€300/head;
- Aberdeen Angus/Hereford bulls – €120-€310/head;
- Aberdeen Angus/Hereford heifers – €100-€300/head.
Cattle prices at last week’s sale
The mart’s auctioneer reported that while a smaller entry was on offer, forward stores and beef types met “an excellent selling trade”.
“An indication of the super trade for cull cows was this sector provided the top-priced animal, a Limousin cow, which weighed 835kgs and realised €1,940,” Candler remarked.
- Bullocks – 600kgs – €1.70-€2.55/kg or €1,230-€1,700/head:
- 500-600kgs – €1.80-€2.60/kg or €960-€1,420/head:
- 400-500kgs – €1.80-€2.70/kg or €760-€1,210/head:
- <400kgs – €1.70-€2.76kg or €400-€1,050:
- Friesian cull cows – €1.01-€2.04/kg;
- Continental cull cows – €1.50-€2.36/kg;
- Beef heifers – €2.00-€2.80/kg or €1,200-€1,860/head:
- Forward store heifers – €1.90-€2.70/kg or €950-€1,360/head:
- Store heifers – €1.90-€3.17/kg or €500-€1,000/head.
Upcoming sales (Online and ringside under Covid-19 restrictions):
- Sheep sale – Mondays at 10 am with a dairy sale at 12 pm
- Calf sale – Tuesdays at 11 am.
- Cattle sale – Thursday – Cows at 10 am, followed by heifers, with bullocks at 10:30 am.
Mart reports – cattle and sheep prices:
Read more mart reports.