Tuam Mart – Cattle Prices – 18-04-2022
According to Marion Devane, an “exceptional” trade prevailed at Tuam Mart on 18-04-2022.
The mart manager reported that cull cows reached €2,510, while bullocks hit €1,930 and heifers topped out at €2,300.
In other rings, weanling heifers soared to €1,030, while weanling bulls fetched up to €1,200.
Furthermore, she added that “it was not unusual to see factory-fit fleshed beef cattle breaching the €2,300 barrier”.
Tuam Mart 18-04-2022
- 475 kg LMX by a Ballinasloe farmer made €1340 (€2.82/kg);
- A pair 390 kg LMX by a Dunmore farmer made €1160 (€2.97/kg);
- 565 kg CHX by a Dangan farmer made €1590 (€2.81/kg);
- 575 kg CHX by a Kilkerrin farmer made €1670 (€2.90/kg);
- 565 kg CHX by a Rusheens farmer made €1650 (€2.92/kg);
- 605 LMX by an Abbeyknockmoy farmer made €1560 (€2.58/kg);
- 755 kg LMX by a Dunmore farmer made €2300 (€3.05/kg);
- 800 kg CHX by a Cummer farmer made €2290 (€2.86/kg).
Cull cow prices:
- 840 kg BBX by a Belclare farmer made €2510 (€2.99/kg);
- 665 kg SIX by a Milltown farmer made €1820 (€2.74/kg);
- 750 kg CHX by a Kilkerrin farmer made €1960 (€2.61/kg);
- 940 kg CHX by a Headford farmer made €2450 (€2.61/kg);
- 500 kg LMX by a Tuma farmer made €1240 (€2.48/kg);
- 555 kg LMX by a Corofin farmer made €1500 (€2.70/kg);
- 835 kg CHX by a Cummer farmer made €2240 (€2.68/kg).
- 455 kg AAX by a Tonemoyle farmer made €1090 (€2.40/kg);
- A pair 490 kg LMX by a Caherlistrane farmer made €1490 (€3.00/kg);
- 475 kg AAX by a Brooklawn farmer made €1320 (€2.78/kg);
- A pair 520 kg AAX by a Ballyglunin farmer made €1420 (€2.73/kg);
- A pair 577 kg LMX by a Tuam farmer made €1640 (€2.84/kg);
- 535 kg LM by an Abbeyknockmoy farmer made €1620 (€3.03/kg);
- A pair 562 kg CHX by a Dunmore farmer made €1630 (€2.90/kg);
- A pair 645 kg LMX by a Woodquay farmer made €1840 (€2.85/kg);
- 665 kg LMX by a Dunmore farmer made €1930 (€2.90/kg).
Weanling bull prices:
- 315 kg LMX by a Ballyglunin farmer made €860 (€2.73/kg);
- 400 kg LMX by a Barnaderg farmer made €1200 (€3.00/kg);
- A pair 332 kg CHX by a Barnaderg farmer made €1070 (€3.22/kg);
- 285 kg BBX by a Barnaderg farmer made €920 (€3.23/kg);
- 335 kg BBX by a Bleclare farmer made €1140 (€3.40/kg);
- 315 kg CHX by a Cummer farmer made €950 (€3.02/kg).
Weanling heifer prices:
- 345 kg CHX by a Ballyglunin farmer made €970 (€2.81/kg);
- A pair 352 kg CHX by a Belclare farmer made €1020 (€2.90/kg);
- 310 kg CHX by a Belclare farmer made €940 (€3.03/kg);
- 285 kg CHX by a brownsgrove farmer made €890 (€3.90/kg);
- 365 kg LMX by a Shrule farmer made €1030 (€2.82/kg);
- 285 kg LMX by a Dunmore farmer made €860 (€3.02/kg).
Last week’s cattle sales:
- Address: Church View, Corralea West, Tuam
- County: Galway
- Phone: 093-24353
Cattle and sheep sales:
- Cattle sales every Monday;
- Sheep sales every Tuesday. Intake from 12 pm to 3 pm. Breeding ewes and hogget at 4:30 pm in ring 1 and lamb sale on the plank at 5 pm.
Upcoming sales at Tuam Mart:
- Monday, April 25th, 2022: Ring 1: cows, heifers, weanling heifers, bullocks, weanling bulls;
- Saturday 30th: Show & Sale of Charolais Bulls: Ring 1 – Irish Charolais Cattle Society;
- Monday, May 2nd, 2022: Special bank holiday cattle sale.
- Read more mart reports.
To include your reports, email – [email protected]