Raphoe Mart – Cattle Prices – 30-06-2022
The mart manager reported that with increased farmer activity, lighter weights met with an “improved” trade as prices ranged from €2.60-€3.50/kg.
She explained that Friesian cattle sold from €1.60/kg to €2.10/kg for lighter weights, while heavier Friesian cattle changed hands from €2.20/kg to €2.40/kg.
Meanwhile, Aberdeen Angus-bred cattle changed hands from €2.30/kg to €2.80/kg at its most recent cattle sale.
She explained that: “Fat cows peaked at €2,620 for 865kgs – with strong demand for all cows, especially well-fleshed animals.”
“Forward cattle also met a brisk trade with quality lots selling from €1400 to €1500 over the weight
and regularly up to and over €3/kg.”
“Medium weights also sold well on the day from €2.60/kg to €3.40/kg,” Harkin added.
Raphoe Mart 30-06-2022:
- Bulls over 600kgs – €920 to €1525 over the weight;
- Beef bullocks – €825 to €1265 over the weight;
- Store bullocks – €400 to €980 over the weight;
- Beef heifers – €635 to €1440 over the weight;
- Store heifers – €350 to €845 over the weight.
Summary (€/kg basis):
- Bulls/Bullocks sold from €2.20/kg to €3.40/kg;
- Heifers made from €2.30/kg to €3.50/kg;
- Fat cows ranged from €700/head to €2620/head.
This week’s sheep prices
According to Harkin, there was a “good” entry of sheep for sale on Monday, June 27th, 2022.
She reported that factory-type lambs fell “slightly back in price” as factory quotes declined this week.
Lambs (25kgs to 30kgs) went under the hammer from €78 to €98 each, while lambs (30kgs to 35kgs) fetched from €90 to €120 each.
Meanwhile, lambs weighing 42kgs to 45kgs sold from €143 to €158 each and lambs in the range of 47kgs to 51kgs made from €152 to €168 each.
Moreover, lighter fat ewes traded from €75 to €120 each, while heavier fat ewes made from €130 to €180 with between €200-€215/head for “quality” lots.
Last week’s sheep and cattle sales/prices:
Read a report from last week’s sales
- Address: Raphoe Livestock Mart, Lifford, County Donegal.
- Contact: 074 914 5385
- Sale days: Sheep sale – Mondays at 11 a.m. Cattle sale – Thursdays at 11 a.m.
You can find more mart reports.
To include your report, email our editor, Catherina Cunnane at [email protected]