Raphoe Mart – Cattle Prices – 23-06-2022
“Lively” was the word Ann Harkin used to describe trade at Raphoe Mart, Co Donegal on Thursday, June 23rd, 2022.
The mart manager reported that forward stock met with an “excellent” trade, while lighter, fleshed cattle were “slightly back” in price from the previous week.
At Thursday’s sale, she noted that quality lots changed hands from €2.80/kg to €3.50/kg while lighter, plainer lots pushed from €2/kg to €2.70/kg.
- Bulls over 600kgs – €1085 to €2180 over the weight;
- Beef bullocks – €885 to €1085 over the weight;
- Store bullocks – €312 to €785 over the weight;
- Beef heifers – €580 to €940 over the weight;
- Store heifers – €300 to €733 over the weight.
- Bulls/bullocks sold from €2.10/kg to €3.40/kg;
- Heifers made from €2.30/kg to €3.50/kg;
- Fat cows pushed from €1030/head to €2370/head.
According to Ann Harkin, fat ewes sold from €80-€230/head at Raphoe Mart at Tuesday’s sale.
Lambs in the 30-38kg weight bracket ranged from €100-€130/head, while those 39-41kgs varied from €120-€150 and 42-55kg entries pushed from €150-€170.
Last week’s cattle prices
According to Ann Harkin, Thursday’s (June 16th, 2022) general cattle sale at Raphoe Mart drew a “large” entry of stock.
The mart manager noted that quality lots met with a “similar trade to previous weeks”, while some plainer types were more difficult to sell, especially those of a lighter weight.
Moreover, she noted that demand “was evident” for strong forward cattle, with many changing hands from €2.60/kg to €3/kg. Furthermore, on occasions, she noted that up to €3.50/kg was recorded for quality lots.
At Thursday’s sale, medium weights also met what she described as a “brisk” as prices ranged from €2.70/kg to €3.50/kg.
Furthermore, quality, lighter lots were “easily sold” around the ring and online, as they made from €3/kg and upwards. Plainer lots, on the other hand, were “more difficult to sell”, reaching between €2.20/kg to €2.90/kg.
Read more from this sale with sample prices.
- Address: Raphoe Livestock Mart, Lifford, County Donegal.
- Contact: 074 914 5385
- Sale days: Sheep sale – Mondays at 11 a.m. Cattle sale – Thursdays at 11 a.m.
You can find more mart reports.
To include your report, email our editor, Catherina Cunnane at [email protected]