Raphoe Mart – Cattle Prices – 19-05-2022
The mart manager reported that buyers were active both around the ring and virtually. She noted that strong, forward cattle met a “brisk” trade and changed hands from €2.80/kg to €3.50/kg.
Meanwhile, medium weights also “sold well” from €2.80/kg to €3.60/kg, and lighter weights went under the hammer from €2.80/kg to €3.80/kg.
Aberdeen Angus cattle fetched from €2.00/kg to €3.20/kg, while Friesian cattle sold from €1.70/kg to €2.50/kg.
According to Harkin, bulls/bullocks varied from €2.60/kg to €3.50/kg and heifers changed hands from €2.70/kg to €3.80/kg.
Raphoe Mart 19-05-2022
- Bulls over 600kgs – €1030 to €1750 over the weight;
- Beef bullocks – €1025 to €1585 over the weight;
- Store bullocks – €750 to €1120 over the weight;
- Beef heifers – €880 to €1730 over the weight;
- Store heifers – €352 to €920 over the weight;
- Fat cows – €900 to €2180/head.
This week’s sheep prices
According to Harkin, fat ewes sold from €80-€242/head at Monday’s (May 16th, 2022) sheep sale.
Ewes with one lamb sold from €150 to €225/team, while ewes with two lambs made from €200 to €315/team.
Spring lamb prices:
- €79 to €100 for 21-30kgs;
- €100 to €130 for 31-34kgs;
- €130 to €160 for 35-42kgs;
- €160 to €171 for 43-55kgs.
The mart manager noted that one lot of three spring lambs (47kgs) sold for €180/head at its most recent sheep sale.
Last week’s prices
- Address: Raphoe Livestock Mart, Lifford, County Donegal.
- Contact: 074 914 5385
- Sale days: Sheep sale – Mondays at 11 a.m. Cattle sale – Thursdays at 11 a.m.
You can find more mart reports.
To include your report, email our editor, Catherina Cunnane at [email protected]