Ann Harkin – Raphoe Mart – 16-06-2022
The mart manager noted that quality lots met with a “similar trade to previous weeks”, while some plainer types were more difficult to sell, especially those of a lighter weight.
Moreover, she noted that demand “was evident” for strong forward cattle, with many changing hands from €2.60/kg to €3/kg. Furthermore, on occasions, she noted that up to €3.50/kg was recorded for quality lots.
At Thursday’s sale, medium weights also met what she described as a “brisk” as prices ranged from €2.70/kg to €3.50/kg.
Furthermore, quality, lighter lots were “easily sold” around the ring and online, as they made from €3/kg and upwards. Plainer lots, on the other hand, were “more difficult to sell”, reaching between €2.20/kg to €2.90/kg.
Raphoe Mart 16-06-2022
- Heifers varied from €2.20/kg to €3.50/kg;
- Fat cows fetched from €800/head to €2180/head;
- Bulls/bullocks pushed from €2.20/kg to €3.40/kg.
- Bulls over 600kgs – €1575 to €1720 over the weight;
- Beef bullocks – €1035 to €1185 over the weight;
- Store bullocks – €475 to €1240 over the weight;
- Beef heifers – €750 to €1535 over the weight;
- Store heifers – €400 to €890 over the weight.
This week’s sheep prices
According to Ann Harkin, spring lambs sold for up to €176 at Monday’s (June 13th) sale, while fat ewes topped out at €250/head.
Spring lamb prices:
- €100 to €140 for 30-37kgs;
- €140 to €168 for 38-45kgs;
- €168 to €176 for 45-55kgs.
- Fat ewes sold from €100 to €250 each
This week’s cattle prices
The mart manager reported that trade was “on par” with previous weeks. Strong, forward cattle were “highly sought after”, with many changing hands from €2.80/kg to €3.50/kg.
Medium weights went under the hammer from €2.70/kg to €3.60/kg, while lighter weights sold from €2.80/kg to €3.80/kg.
Friesian cattle traded from €1.80/kg to €2.60/kg, and Aberdeen Angus cattle ranged from €2.40/kg to €3.20/kg.
- Address: Raphoe Livestock Mart, Lifford, County Donegal.
- Contact: 074 914 5385
- Sale days: Sheep sale – Mondays at 11 a.m. Cattle sale – Thursdays at 11 a.m.
You can find more mart reports.
To include your report, email our editor, Catherina Cunnane, at [email protected]