That’s Farming’s light-hearted take on what people do not tell you about dating an AI tech.
- They may appear to have more interest in animals than you, but that is not the case;
- You do not need a Sat-Nav or Google Maps when road-tripping with them – they know every back road and parish in the country;
- Plans revolve around livestock and the AM-PM rule;
- Planning weekends away and nights out can be a challenge (to say the least), especially during breeding season;
- A farmer will demand your other half to AI a cow or heifer when you want to go out for dinner or away for the evening;
- They may not know their own family tree like the back of their hand, but they know the pedigree of every bull in their AI pot;
- You will always find empty AI straws in their pockets (AND your washing machine);
- They spend their time looking at mart sales via MartEye or LSL Auctions or ads on Donedeal when they are on their phone;
- If they do not return your call or text immediately, it does not mean they have lost interest;
- They clock up more mileage than some taxi drivers and, while doing so, take in some of the most scenic places in the country;
- Your other half has more photos of their client’s AI-bred progeny on their phone than you;
- They know the AI code and name of every possible AI bull – of all breeds, shapes and sizes – but they may not remember something you told them five minutes ago;
- They are known as the ‘AI man or woman’ in the locality;
- Their jeep/van is a mess, but they know where everything is, so do not dare make any attempt to clean it;
- They may not remember your birthday or your anniversary date, but they will remember calving due dates and gestation lengths of each sire.
Previous article on things people do not tell you about dating a sheep farmer.