Farming News/Mart Reports: Tuam Mart – Cattle Prices – 09-07-2023
A “steady” trade prevailed at Tuam Mart, Co Galway, at Monday’s general cattle sale on Monday, July 10th, 2023, according to its manager, Marion Devane.
Devane reported that cull cows topped out at €2,300, while heifers hit €1,760, and bullocks topped at €1,460 at this week’s sale.
Cull cow prices:
- 615 kg CHX by a Tuam farmer made €1530 (€2.49/kg);
- 780 kg LM by a Belclare farmer made €2070 (€2.65/kg);
- 675 kg CHX by a Garrafrauns farmer made €1600 (€2.37/kg);
- 755 kg SIX by a Lavally farmer made €1800 (€2.38/kg);
- 575 kg LMX by a Garrafrauns farmer made €1610 (€2.80/kg);
- 865 kg CHX by a Glenamaddy farmer made €2300 (€2.66/kg);
- 745 kg LMX by a Cloonmore farmer made €1730 (€2.32/kg);
- 705 kg LMX by a Glenamaddy farmer made €1780 (€2.52/kg).
- 410 kg BBX by a Knocknagur farmer made €1300 (€3.17/kg);
- 465 kg LMX by a Kilconly farmer made €1310 (€2.82/kg);
- 510 kg BBX by an Abbeyknockmoy farmer made €1590 (€3.12/kg);
- 530 kg BBX by an Abbeyknockmoy farmer made €1720 (€2.61/kg);
- 610 kg CHX by a Shrule farmer made €1760 (€2.89/kg);
- 660 kg CHX by a Hollymount farmer made €1720 (€2.61/kg).
- 325 kg LMX by a Westport farmer made €1050 (€3.23/kg);
- 410 kg SA by a Dereen farmer made €1200 (€2.93/kg);
- 510 kg LMX by a Barnaderg farmer made €1250 (€2.45/kg);
- Three 598 kg AAX by a Barnaderg farmer made €1490 (€2.49/kg);
- 600 kg LMX by an Abbeyknockmoy farmer made €1570 (€2.62/kg);
- A pair 607 kg AAX by a Glenamaddy farmer made €1460 (€2.41/kg).
Prices – last week:
According to Marion Devane, cull cows sold to €2,050, while heifers topped out at €1,500, and bullocks climbed to €1,830 at Tuam Mart’s cattle sale on Monday, July 3rd 2023.
Heifer prices included:
- A pair 330 kg BBX by a Carnahoon farmer made €870 (€2.64/kg);
- 355 kg LMX by a Jackson farmer made €1040 (€2.93/kg);
- 395 kg BBX by an Anbally farmer made €1260 (€3.19/kg);
- A pair 420 kg LMX by an Anbally farmer made €1240 (€2.95/kg);
- 480 kg LMX by an Anbally farmer made €1450 (€3.02/kg);
- 550 kg CHX by a Dunmore farmer made €1500 (€2.73/kg).
Next week will see the mart’s special evening sale for autumn-born weanlings take place at 5:30 pm – Bookings & enquiries on: 093-24353.