Revenue has published its list of tax defaulters in respect of the period April 1st, 2021 to June 30th, 2021.
Farmers, an agricultural contractor and agricultural supplies provider have featured in the list, which Revenue published in, in two parts:
- Part 1: Persons in whose case the court has determined a penalty relating to a settlement, or has imposed a fine, imprisonment or another penalty in respect of a tax or duty offence;
- Part 2: Persons in whose case Revenue has accepted a settlement offer instead of initiating court proceedings, or a settlement has been paid in full. This list reflects the amount of a settlement that remained unpaid at the end of the period 30 June 2021.
Tax defaulters list 2021
Failure to lodge income tax return(s):
- Senan Burns, Montpelier, O Brien’s Bridge, Co Limerick – farmer – €1,250;
- Walter Ryan Purcell, Lissacaha, Schull, Co Cork – bakery/confectionery/farmer – €1,500.
Misuse of marked mineral oil:
- Sean Jones, 68 Main Street, Carrickmacross, Co. Monaghan – butcher/farmer/landlord – €2,500;
- John Keaveney, Raheen, Elphin, Co Roscommon – farmer – €2,500;
- Darragh O’Connor, Finnure More, Mullagh, Ennis, Co Clare – farmer/ PAYE employee – €2,500;
- Seamus Patrick Sweeney, 2 Sprackburn Apartments, High Roads, Letterkenny, Co Donegal – farmer €2,500.
Part 2 – Settlements:
- Michael Buckley, Rathdrinagh, Kilcummin, Killarney, Co Kerry – farmer – Tax: €35,450; Interest: €89,175; Penalties: €29,347; Total: €153,972 – Revenue Audit Case: Under-declaration of capital gains tax and income tax.
- Diarmuid Geaney, Ballyverisheen, Carraig na Bhfear, Co Cork – agricultural contractor/ farmer. Tax: €51,889.33; Interest: €33,385.77; Penalities: €15,566.78; Total: €100,841.88. Revenue Audit Case: Under-declaration of income tax;
- Patrick J McKeon, Knockgrania, Bunninadden, Co Sligo – agricultural supplies provider/farmer – Tax: €46,478; Interest: €24,034.20; Penalties: €18,591.19; Total: €89,103.39. Revenue Audit Case: Underdeclaration of income tax and VAT. Amount unpaid on June 30th, 2021: €89,103.39.
Revenue Compliance Yield
In the 3-month period to June 30th, 2021 a total of 275 Revenue audit and investigations, together with 17,263 Risk Management Interventions (Aspect Queries and Profile Interviews), were settled, resulting in a yield of €152.7 million in tax, interest, and penalties.