Raphoe Mart – Cattle Prices – 28-07-2022
According to Ann Harkin, there was a “lively” trade around the ring and online at Raphoe Mart’s cattle sale on Thursday, July 28th, 2022.
The mart manager reported that strong cattle sold up to €1,560 over the weight, with one 650kg heifer fetching €2,210.
She noted that lighter lots were also “in demand” amongst buyers, with many selling up to and above the €3.00/kg mark.
Raphoe Mart 28-07-2022:
- Fat cows from €880/head to €2110/head;
- FR cattle from €1.80/kg to €2.30/kg;
- AA cattle from €2.20/kg to €2.80/kg;
- Bulls/bullocks from €2.20/kg to €3.20/kg;
- Heifers from €2.30/kg to €3.40/kg.
- Bulls over 600kgs – €800 to €815 over the weight;
- Store bullocks – €300 to €400 over the weight;
- Beef heifers – €840 to €1560 over the weight;
- Store heifers – €350 to €745 over the weight.
This week’s sheep prices
Meanwhile, according to Harkin, a brisk trade led to a full clearance at the mart’s sheep sale on Monday.
30kg-33kg lambs changed hands from €82/head to €105/head, while those in the 34kg-37kg weight bracket sold from €102/head to €118/head.
38kg-43kg lambs varied from €116/head to €136/head, while 44kg-51kg lambs ranged from €134/head to €150/head.
Heavy fat ewes, on the other hand, varied from €165/head to €222/head , and lighter fat ewes traded from €80/head to €140/head.
Last week’s cattle prices
An “improved” trade prevailed at Raphoe Mart’s most recent cattle sale on Thursday, July 21st, 2022.
That is according to Ann Harkin, mart manager, who reported that a “good” entry went under the hammer at its weekly general cattle sale.
She reported that “many” lots changed hands from €2.80/kg to €3.40/kg with bullocks to €1390 over the weight and heifers to €1,440 over the kg.
Read more on last week’s cattle and sheep sales.
- Address: Raphoe Livestock Mart, Lifford, County Donegal.
- Contact: 074 914 5385
- Sale days: Sheep sale – Mondays at 11 a.m. Cattle sale – Thursdays at 11 a.m.
You can find more mart reports.
To include your report, email our editor, Catherina Cunnane at [email protected]