There was a “great” entry of cattle at Raphoe Mart on Thursday (August 20th), according to Ann Harkin.
Speaking following the general cattle sale, the mart manager, said: “There was, as always, an excellent trade for quality in-spec cattle with plenty of bidders around the ring anxious to purchase stock.”
- Bulls sold from €1.80/kg to €2.50/kg;
- Bullocks fetched from €1.90/kg to €2.60/kg;
- Heifers made from €1.90/kg to €2.70/kg.
- Bulls >600kgs – €580 to €825 over the weight;
- Bullocks >600kgs – €590 to €660 over the weight;
- Bullocks 400-600kgs – €350 to €750 over the weight;
- Beef Heifers >500kgs – €480 to €745 over the weight;
- Store Heifers <=500kgs – €300 to €730 over the weight;
- Fat cows went under the hammer from €600 to €1345 each.