There was a bigger sale of sheep than in previous weeks in Blessington Mart on Tuesday (April 28th), according to a mart spokesperson.
The spokesperson reported that hogget prices were back €5/head, but trade remained steady for all other classes.
- Spring lambs – €120-€134/head – €80-€85 over;
- Fat hoggets – €118-€130/head – €70-€85 over;
- Store hoggets – €70 to €110/head;
- Fate ewes – €124-€137/head;
- Store ewes – €60-€115/head;
- Suffolk ewe hoggets – up to €150/head.
Image source: Blessington Mart Facebook