Aurivo Marts Trainee Manager
Aurivo Marts Business Unit is recruiting a trainee manager in the Mayo/Sligo region as part of its “proactive” approach to succession planning and talent development.
According to the job posting, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work in all areas of operations at its network of livestock marts.
Furthermore, they will also have the opportunity to develop their career within Aurivo.
This role is a full-time two-year training contract with a view to permanency through its leadership development pipeline.
The posting states that successful candidates will “ideally” be based in the Mayo / Sligo region.
The successful person will report directly to the mart’s general manager.
- Knowledge and understanding of livestock and the agricultural industry, ideally with a third-level qualification in agricultural studies;
- Flexible and adaptable and ability to work in every area of the mart.
- Innovative mindset, with high attention to detail;
- Ability to live and deliver on Aurivo’s values of trust, team, will to win and value;
- Strong customer focus and excellent interpersonal skills; Strong team ethic.
- Responsible for ensuring the successful trading of livestock;
- Help drive business growth through effective marketing and ensuring strong competition for livestock;
- Identifying efficiencies and continuous improvement initiatives;
- Ensure a strong health and safety culture is maintained and continually review and update practices and procedures in line with health and safety legislation and Aurivo policies;
- Ability to work with and manage a team of part-time team members;
- Creating reports on business performance and providing insights to the business unit;
- Supporting the mart manager in all aspects of running the business;
- Support in the management of credit-related issues and support the administration function to avoid delay / bad debts;
- Work closely with the different operational stakeholders on projects, business support and including IT and technology.
How to apply
Candidates should apply to Marilyn Phillips, group head of human resources via email – [email protected]