Aurivo Marts has announced that it will be temporarily suspending all its livestock sales from Monday (March 23rd) until at least the end of the month.
This decision has been made in light of Covid-19 and will be reviewed in the intervening period, according to a statement from the co-operative.
Pre-booked sales at centres in Ballymote on Thursday, Balla on Saturday and Mohill on Saturday will proceed “under strict protocols”.
- Only customers that have business to conduct should attend the marts;
- Strictly no children allowed;
- Buyers must observe the recommended protocols around social distancing and there will be restrictions around the number of sellers allowed to attend the ring;
- Sellers who do not want to attend to sell can request the mart to do so on their behalf;
- All mart canteen facilities will be closed with immediate effect;
- Anyone who has been out of the country recently or been in contact with people exhibiting any symptoms is asked not to attend.
“Aurivo’s priority is the health and safety of our employees, members, customers, suppliers and the communities in which we operate. Aurivo acknowledges the support of its customers and staff and apologies for the inconvenience.” the statement concluded.