According to Ford, its all-new 2024 Ranger is “the most connected and capable ranger ever – tough-tested globally and proven ready for epic adventures”.
Ford has engineered each aspect of the all-new Ranger to meet the uncompromising demands of its adventure-craving customers, including its frame, suspension, powertrains, connectivity, and advanced driver assist software, a statement from the manufacturer reads.
In the last decade alone, Ranger sales have increased 112% globally, with over 86,000 sold so far in 2023.
To meet the evolving needs of its customers, the all-new 2024 Ford Ranger now offers more towing technology than ever in a Ranger, convenient storage features, and an available 2.7-litre EcoBoost V6* for added power.
Built Ford Tough
The all-new Ford Ranger is built Ford tough, having been tested with the equivalent of more than 4.9 million customer miles prior to launch – from broken road surfaces in Australia to harsh hauling, brutal towing and hot testing in America, and cold testing in New Zealand.
In designing the backbone of Ranger, Ford engineers improved the truck’s fully boxed high-strength steel frame, with the wheelbase and track both stretched about two inches to provide more bed space and improved stability while remaining easy to navigate on trails.
The rear shocks and shock mounts have also been moved outboard of the frame rails for improved ride and control.
All versions of the Ranger also benefit off-road from improved ground clearance and better approach and departure angles.
From day trips to multi-day journeys, the all-new Ranger is ready to bring gear to wherever the next adventure lies, with a maximum available towing capacity of 7,500 pounds and a maximum available payload capacity of 1,805 pounds††.
To power these adventures, the proven 2.3-litre EcoBoost continues as the standard engine, developing 270 horsepower and 310 lb.-ft. of torque†††, and Ranger will offer the available 2.7-liter EcoBoost V6* shared with F-150® and Bronco®, which produces 315 horsepower and 400 lb.-ft. of torque††† to provide customers more power when towing, passing, and off-roading.
All Rangers come with a standard class-exclusive** 10-speed automatic SelectShift® transmission and an available electronic shift-on-the-fly 4×4 system built for on-demand off-road and low traction capability.
What are some of its other key features?
- Advanced towing technology, including class-exclusive** Pro Trailer Backup Assist, an integrated trailer brake controller and a 360-degree camera to make off-roading and trailer backing easier; it also improves over time with over-the-air updates;
- Get gear to the next adventure with new features like an available Integrated Box Sidestep, new fold-flat rear seats to easily carry big stuff in the cab, greater width between the wheel wells to flat-carry cargo up to four feet wide, plus in-bed and in-cab outlets provide the ability to power various tools and devices;
- More clever storage and useful features for owners: available wireless charger‡for mobile devices, a large centre console storage bin, big door pockets designed for quick access to tools and other items, and an available second, upper glovebox to store even more gear.
- Second-row storage with under-seat rear cargo bins optimized. New fold-flat rear seatbacks help with loading and moving large objects;
- Standard 8-inch digital instrument cluster or available full-screen 12.4-inch cluster and is complemented by a standard 10.1-inch or best-in-class available 12-inch centre touchscreen with Ford’s SYNC®4A system;
- Dedicated screens for drive modes, off-road data, navigation, music, and other vehicle controls. Centre screen linked to available 360-degree camera.
- Device charging: Two USB ports in the cab and an available wireless charge pad‡;
- 31 standard or available driver-assist features for Ranger, the most available driver-assist features. Includes BLIS®with Trailer Coverage = help alert drivers to vehicles in blind spots and Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop and Go§;
- A new, intuitive-to-use short-throw E-shifter on Lariat 4×4 enables Ranger – assist features such as Active Park Assist 2.0, a fully automated system to help customers parallel and perpendicular park in tight spots and class-exclusive;
- Pro Trailer Backup Assistand Trailer Reverse Guidance§, which uses cameras to show angles and monitor conditions surrounding the truck, and provides real-time coaching on how to manoeuvre the trailer;
- Design: unique grilles and front-end appearances for XL, XLT and Lariat models. A signature Ford C-clamp headlight treatment and strong shoulder lines down the sides incorporate bolder wheel arches and give Ranger a sure-footed look.