Teagasc has, in recent days, launched a recruitment campaign for temporary advisors for a four-month period.
Successful candidates will report to the regional manager to assist in providing advisory support and services to clients during August/September and through to December.
It has four-month temporary positions in the following advisory regions:
- Cork East;
- Cork West;
Requirements: Educational and skills
According to the job listing, candidates must hold a level 8 degree in agricultural science or equivalent.
It states that completing a soil science module and holding FAS accreditation (qualification must meet eligibility for inclusion on the FAS accredited advisor list with the DAFM) are desirable.
Candidates must have “expert” agricultural knowledge and demonstrate how they “stay abreast” of current best practices and research.
Experience using the DAFM’s AgFood portal and working knowledge of PDF and Excel are desirable.
Also, they must have knowledge of environmental schemes and their contribution to biodiversity, water quality and environmental services.
Candidates should have a strong work ethic, “excellent” attention to detail and be an “excellent” communicator.
They must also be dedicated to the role and the employer (Teagasc), have teamwork and collaboration abilities and a “quality” customer service focus.
Furthermore, candidates must have their own transport to “efficiently” carry out the duties associated with their role.
Duties and responsibilities:
- To provide support and services to advisors and Teagasc clients with respect to Teagasc advisory activities, programmes and services;
- To assist management and administrative staff in achieving good governance and risk management through cooperation and adherence to administrative procedures and practices, including GDPR;
- To assist Teagasc in meeting the commitments of the Quality Customer Service charter and action plan;
- Meet weekly targets as agreed with a manager;
- Fully co-operate with the provisions made for ensuring the health, safety and welfare of themselves, fellow staff and non-Teagasc staff and co-operate with management in enabling Teagasc to comply with legal obligations. This includes full compliance with the responsibilities outlined in the Safety Statement;
- Any other duties as may be assigned.
Salary and how to apply
Agricultural Development Officer Grade I – with a starting salary of €35,502 per annum (pro rata for the duration of the 4 months).
Candidates must be available to commence no later than Monday, September 5th, 2022.
Teagasc is accepting applications up to and including August 26th, 2022.
If you are interested, submit a CV and cover letter, as per this point-of-contact list.