Raphoe Mart – Cattle Prices – 11-08-2022
The mart manager reported that the weekly general cattle sale drew “another good” entry.
Lighter lots sold “well” from €2.80/kg to €3.50/kg, while plainer lots changed hands from €2.20/kg to €2.80/kg.
She noted that forward stock “remained in high demand” amongst buyers, selling to €1,500 over the kg for males and €1,330 over the weight for females.
Aberdeen Angus cattle fetched from €2.20/kg to €2.80/kg, while Friesian cattle sold from €1.80/kg to €2.30/kg.
Raphoe Mart 11-08-2022
- Bulls over 600kgs – €875 to €1505 over the weight;
- Beef heifers – €700 to €1330 over the weight;
- Store heifers – €350 to €860 over the weight;
- Beef bullocks – €1270 to €1440 over the weight;
- Store bullocks – €400 to €1105 over the weight.
- Heifers fetched from €2.20/kg to €3.40/kg;
- Fat cows varied from €700/head to €2420/head;
- Bulls/bullocks made from €2.20/kg to €3.40/kg.
This week’s sheep prices
According to Harkin, fat ewes sold from €80/head to a high of €214/head at Monday’s (August 8th, 2022) sheep sale.
Lamb prices as follows:
- €60 to €80 for 22-27kgs;
- €80 to €100 for 28-32kgs;
- €100 to €120 for 33-40kgs;
- €120 to €135 for 41-44kgs;
- €135 to €144 for 45-52kgs.
This week’s cattle prices
The mart manager reported that a “brisk” trade prevailed around the ring and online.
She noted: “Quality lots met a flying trade as demand was high for forward types, which sold from €2.80/kg to €3.50/kg, while plainer lots made from €2.30/kg to €2.80/kg.”
“Lighter cattle met a similar trade with many selling up to €3.50/kg,” she added.
Read more on this article.
- Address: Raphoe Livestock Mart, County Donegal.
- Contact: 074 914 5385
- Sale days: Sheep sale – Mondays at 11 a.m. Cattle sale – Thursdays at 11 a.m.
You can find more mart reports.
To include your report, email our editor, Catherina Cunnane at [email protected].