Raphoe Mart – Cattle Prices – 04-08-2022
The mart manager reported that a “brisk” trade prevailed around the ring and online.
She noted: “Quality lots met a flying trade as demand was high for forward types, which sold from €2.80/kg to €3.50/kg, while plainer lots made from €2.30/kg to €2.80/kg.”
“Lighter cattle met a similar trade with many selling up to €3.50/kg,” she added.
Raphoe Mart 04-08-2022:
- Fat cows made from €800/head to €2160/head;
- AA cattle fetched from €2.20/kg to €2.90/kg;
- FR cattle went under the hammer from €1.70/kg to €2.30/kg;
- Bulls/bullocks changed hands from €2.30/kg to €3.40/kg;
- Heifers sold from €2.40/kg to €3.50/kg.
- Bulls over 600kgs – €960 to €1795 over the weight;
- Beef bullocks – €850 to €1115 over the weight;
- Store bullocks – €515 to €1175 over the weight;
- Beef heifers – €825 to €1435 over the weight
- Store heifers – €380 to €740 over the weight.
This week’s sheep prices
According to Harkin, a “large” entry, especially ewe and store lambs, met with a “brisk and lively trade” on Monday, August 1st, 2022.
Breeding hoggets went under the hammer from €202/head to €210/head, while fat ewes made from €70/head to highs of €190/head.
- €75 to €90 for 28-32kgs;
- €90 to €110 for 33-39kgs;
- €110 to €125 for 40-45kgs;
- €125 to €135 for 46-55kgs.
This week’s cattle prices
The mart manager reported that strong cattle sold up to €1,560 over the weight, with one 650kg heifer fetching €2,210.
She noted that lighter lots were also “in demand” amongst buyers, with many selling up to and above the €3.00/kg mark.
Read more on this article.
- Address: Raphoe Livestock Mart, County Donegal.
- Contact: 074 914 5385
- Sale days: Sheep sale – Mondays at 11 a.m. Cattle sale – Thursdays at 11 a.m.
You can find more mart reports.
To include your report, email our editor, Catherina Cunnane at [email protected].