Raphoe Mart – cattle prices – 07-10-2021
According to Ann Harkin, a “huge entry” of stock turned out for Raphoe Mart’s cattle sale on Thursday, October 7th, 2021.
The manager of the Donegal-based mart reported that “strong, quality cattle remained in high demand”.
“Brisk bidding around the ring and online saw many lots sell from €2.30/kg to €2.80/kg.”
She reported that medium weights sold from €2.40/kg to €2.90/kg, while plainer, lighter Hereford and Friesian cattle pushed from €1.50/kg to €2.00/kg.
Raphoe Mart 07-10-2021:
- Bulls clicked from €2/kg to €2.70/kg;
- Bullocks ranged from €2.10/kg to €2.80/kg;
- Heifers varied from €2.20/kg to €2.80/kg;
- Fat cows sold from €500/head to €1670/head.
- Bulls >600kgs – €580 to €865 over the weight;
- Beef bullocks – €610 to €1065 over the weight;
- Store bullocks – €400 to €985 over the weight;
- Beef heifers – €500 to €980 over the weight;
- Store heifers – €350 to €805 over the weight.
Last week’s cattle sale
The mart manager reported that “some excellent quality cattle met an excellent trade with brisk bidding around the ring and online”.
“Quality, strong cattle remain in great demand reaching €1,110 over for heifers and €1,020 over for bullocks.”
“Lighter stores were also a great trade selling from €2.50/kg up to €2.90/kg,” Harkin added.
Read the full report.
This week’s sheep sale:
Harkin reported a “lively trade throughout” at Monday’s sheep sale (October 4th, 2021).
- €80 to €100 for 27-34 kgs;
- €100 to €120 for 34-42 kgs;
- €120 to €135 for 43-47 kgs;
- €135 to €144 for 48-55 kgs.
- Fat ewes ranged from €60 to €150
- Address: Raphoe Livestock Mart, Lifford, County Donegal.
- Contact: 074 914 5385
- Sale days: Sheep sale – Mondays at 11 am. Cattle sale – Thursdays at 11 am
Weanling sale dates for 2021 (Intake from 4 pm and sale at 7 pm):
- Tuesday, October 19th
You can find more mart reports.
To include your report, email us – [email protected]