Raphoe Mart – cattle prices – 30-09-2021
The mart manager reported that “some excellent quality cattle met an excellent trade with brisk bidding around the ring and online”.
“Quality, strong cattle remain in great demand reaching €1,110 over for heifers and €1,020 over for bullocks.”
“Lighter stores were also a great trade selling from €2.50/kg up to €2.90/kg,” Harkin added.
Raphoe Mart 30-09-2021:
- Bulls made from €1.90/kg to €2.70/kg;
- Bullocks fetched from €2/kg to €2.80/kg;
- Heifers went under the hammer from €2/kg to €2.90/kg;
- Fat cows sold from €600/head to €1870/head.
Last week’s cattle sale:
Harkin reported that a “huge” entry of cattle went under the hammer at the Donegal-based mart last Thursday.
“Some excellent quality cattle on offer met a great demand with strong bullocks selling up to €1,050 over and heifers to €1,230 over.”
“A great demand also for quality medium and lighter weights made from €2.60/kg to €3/kg. Friesian cattle sold from €1.60/kg to €2/kg.”
- Bulls varied from €1.90/kg to €2.70/kg;
- Bullocks pushed from €2/kg to €2.80/kg;
- Heifers ranged from €2/kg to €2.90/kg;
- Fat cows fetched from €600/head to €1400/head.
Raphoe Mart 27-09-2021:
According to Harkin, a “strong” trade prevailed for “a good entry” of sheep on Monday, September 27th, 2021.
Lambs sold at:
- €90 to €100 for 28-33 kgs;
- €100 to €110 for 34-38 kgs;
- €110 to €120 for 39-42 kgs;
- €120 to €130 for 43-46 kgs;
- €130 to €148 for 47-55 kgs.
- Fat ewes sold from €60 to €140.
- Address: Raphoe Livestock Mart, Lifford, County Donegal.
- Contact: 074 914 5385
- Sale days: Sheep sale – Mondays at 11 am. Cattle sale – Thursdays at 11 am
Weanling sale dates for 2021 (Intake from 4pm and sale at 7pm):
- Tuesday, October 5th
- Tuesday, October 19th
You can find more mart reports.
To include your report, email us – [email protected]