Raphoe Mart – cattle prices – 02-12-2021
According to Ann Harkin, there was a “good” entry of cattle at Raphoe Mart, Co Donegal, on Thursday, December 2nd, 2021.
The mart manager reported a “strong” trade for all cattle on offer, especially “strong, quality forward types”, which reached €1,100 over.
Speaking following the sale, she said: “Other quality cattle sold from €2.20/kg to €2.80/kg.”
“Friesian cattle sold from €1.60/kg to €2/kg,” she added.
Raphoe Mart 02-12-2021:
- Bulls/bullocks ranged from €1.80/kg to €2.60/kg;
- Heifers made from €1.90/kg to €2.80/kg;
- Fat cows fetched from €840/head to €1680/head.
Last week’s cattle sale
The mart manager reported a “super” trade for strong, forward store bullock heifers, along with cull cows.
“There was huge demand around the ring and online. They sold from €2.30/kg to €2.70/kg. Lighter stores also sold well from €2.30/kg to €3/kg.”
“Friesian cattle sold from €1.40/kg to €1.80/kg,” the manager of the Donegal-based mart added.
Raphoe Mart 25-11-2021:
- Bulls over 600kgs – €650 to €1000 over the weight;
- Beef bullocks – €700 to €920 over the weight;
- Store bullocks – €400 to €720 over the weight;
- Beef heifers – €600 to €970 over the weight;
- Store heifers – €350 to €630 over the weight.
This week’s sheep prices:
Harkin reported that a “good” trade resulted in a “near total” clearance at the mart’s sheep sale on Monday, November 29th, 2021.
- €80 to €110 for 26-31kgs;
- €110 to €130 for 32-36kgs;
- €130 to €150 for 37-47kgs;
- €150 to €170 for 48-55kgs.
- Fat ewes sold from €60 to a high of €188
- Address: Raphoe Livestock Mart, Lifford, County Donegal.
- Contact: 074 914 5385
- Sale days: Sheep sale – Mondays at 11 a.m. Cattle sale – Thursdays at 11 a.m.
You can find more mart reports.
To include your report, email us – [email protected]