Raphoe Mart – cattle prices – 25-11-2021
According to Ann Harkin, there was a larger entry of cattle at Raphoe Mart on Thursday, November 25th, 2021.
The mart manager reported a “super” trade for strong, forward store bullock heifers, along with cull cows.
“There was huge demand around the ring and online. They sold from €2.30/kg to €2.70/kg. Lighter stores also sold well from €2.30/kg to €3/kg.”
“Friesian cattle sold from €1.40/kg to €1.80/kg,” the manager of the Donegal-based mart added.
Raphoe Mart 25-11-2021:
- Bulls/bullocks sold from €2.00/kg to €2.70/kg
- Heifers made from €2/kg to €2.90/kg
- Fat cows went under the hammer from €600/head to €1940/head.
Summary: This week’s cattle prices:
- Bulls over 600kgs – €650 to €1000 over the weight;
- Beef bullocks – €700 to €920 over the weight;
- Store bullocks – €400 to €720 over the weight;
- Beef heifers – €600 to €970 over the weight;
- Store heifers – €350 to €630 over the weight.
This week’s sheep prices:
Harkin reported a “great” trade for a “good” entry of sheep at Monday’s (November 22nd, 2021) sale.
- €110 to €130 for 30-35kgs;
- €130 to €140 for 36-41kgs;
- €140 to €150 for 42-47kgs;
- €150 to €170 for 47-60kgs.
- Fat ewes: €80 to €176 each
Last week’s cattle prices:
According to Ann Harkin, “great demand” continued for quality cattle at Thursday’s (November 18th) cattle sale at Raphoe Mart.
The mart manager reported “plenty of bidding for these”, along with forward cattle for further feeding.
- Bulls/bullocks sold from €2/kg to €2.60/kg;
- Heifers made from €2/kg to €2.70/kg;
- Fat cows ranged from €640/head to €1830/head.
- Bulls over 600 kgs – €610 to €860 over;
- Beef bullocks – €600 to €995 over;
- Store bullocks – €400 to €470 over;
- Beef heifers – €520 to €945 over;
- Store heifers – €300 to €745 over.
- Address: Raphoe Livestock Mart, Lifford, County Donegal.
- Contact: 074 914 5385
- Sale days: Sheep sale – Mondays at 11 a.m. Cattle sale – Thursdays at 11 a.m.
You can find more mart reports.
To include your report, email us – [email protected]