Tuam Mart – Cattle Prices – 30-01-2023
According to Marion Devane, prices peaked at €2,820 at Tuam Mart’s general cattle sale on Monday, January 30th, 2023.
The mart manager reported that bullocks topped the sale, while heifers soared to €2,200 and cows made up to €2,760.
Devane commented: “The return of our evening weanling sale proved a success with a strong appetite from buyers and shippers.”
“Evening weanling sales will be held fortnightly, with the next one taking place on February 13th, 2023.”
“Next week’s general cattle sale will run as normal on Bank Holiday Monday the 6th of February. Bookings & enquiries via 093 – 24353.”
Tuam Mart 30-01-2023
Heifer prices include:
- 395 kg CHX by an Athenry farmer made €1180 (€2.99/kg);
- 385 kg LMX by an Athenry farmer made €1150 (€2.99/kg);
- 445 kg LMX by a Claremorris farmer made €1370 (€2.98/kg);
- A pair of 462 kg by a Ballyhaunis farmer made €1410 (€3.05/kg);
- 495 kg LMX by a Cummer farmer made €1700 (€3.43/kg);
- 515 kg CHX by a Lavally farmer made €1760 (€3.42/kg);
- 565 kg LMX by a Kilkerrin farmer made €1780 (€3.15/kg);
- 585 kg CHX by a Dunmore farmer made €1750 (€2.99/kg);
- 710 kg LMX by a Kilbannon farmer made €2200 (€3.10/kg).
- 415 kg LMX by a Claremorris farmer made €1240 (€2.99/kg);
- 525 kg LMX by a Dunmore farmer made €1570 (€2.99/kg);
- A pair HEX 535 kg by a Belclare made €1580 (€2.95/kg);
- 630 kg CHX by a Kilkerrin farmer made €2070 (€3.29/kg);
- 720 kg AAX by a Dunmore farmer made €2450 (€3.40/kg);
- 810 kg AAX by a Dunmore farmer made €2820 (€3.48/kg).
- 810 kg SIX by a Headford farmer made €2520 (€3.11/kg);
- 725 kg LMX by a Cloghashill farmer made €2360 (€3.26/kg);
- 770 kg BAX by a Headford farmer made €2440 (€3.17/kg);
- 880 kg CHX by a Lavally farmer made €2760 (€3.14/kg);
- 825 kg SH by a Moylough farmer made €2460 (€2.98/kg);
- 770 kg CHX by a Cloghanshill farmer made €2280 (€2.96/kg).
Weanling heifer prices:
- 270 kg CHX by a Ballyglunin farmer made €840 (€3.11/kg);
- 275 kg CHX by a Belclare farmer made €940 (€3.42/kg);
- 320 kg CHX by a Barnaderg farmer made €1210 (€3.78/kg);
- 320 kg LMX by a Moyne farmer made €1090 (€3.41/kg);
- 345 kg LMX by a Shrule farmer made €1170 (€3.39/kg);
- 370 kg CHX by a Ballyglunin farmer made €1200 (€3.24/kg);
- 380 kg CHX by a Caherlea farmer made €1270 (€3.34/kg).
Weanling bull prices:
- 275 kg CHX by an Annagh Hill farmer made €930 (€3.38/kg)
- 295 kg CHX by a Ballinasloe farmer made €1010 (€3.42/kg)
- 310 kg LM by a Dunmore farmer made €1060 (€3.42/kg)
- 320 kg LMX by a Togher farmer made €1080 (€3.38/kg)
- 325 kg pair LMX by a Claremorris farmer made €1090 (€3.35/kg)
- 360 kg CHX by a Belclare farmer made €1360 (€3.78/kg)
- 3 LMX by a Clogherboy farmer made €1300 (€3.49/kg)
- Address: Church View, Corralea West, Tuam
- County: Galway
- Phone: 093-24353
- Cattle sales every Monday;
- Sheep sales every Tuesday. Intake from 12 pm to 3 pm. Breeding ewes and hogget at 4:30 pm in ring 1 and lamb sale on the plank at 5 pm.
Read more mart reports.
To include your reports, email – [email protected].