Tuam Mart – Cattle Prices – 17-04-2023
According to Marion Devane, a “triumph” trade prevailed at Tuam Mart’s general cattle sale on Monday, April 17th, 2023.
The mart manager reported that cull cows soared to €2,640, while heifers topped out at €2,260, bullocks peaked at €2,470, weanling heifers changed hands for up to €1,260 and weanling bulls sold for up to €1,410.
Tuam Mart 17-04-2023
- 430 kg LMX by a Barnaderg farmer made €1290 (€3.00/kg);
- 435 kg CHX by a Lavally farmer made €1450 (€3.33/kg);
- 445 kg CHX by a Cortoon farmer made €1370 (€3.08/kg);
- 462 kg CHX by a Cortoon farmer made €1590 (€3.44/kg);
- 555 kg CHX by a Tourmakeady farmer made €1770 (€3.19/kg);
- 570 kg CHX by a Claregalway farmer made €1700 (€2.98/kg);
- 600 kg LMX by a Belclare farmer made €1910 (€3.18/kg);
- 655 kg LMX by a Dunmore farmer made €2260 (€3.45/kg).
Cull cow prices:
- 750 kg AUX by a Knocknagur farmer made €2200 (€2.93/kg);
- 775 kg LMX by a Moyne farmer made €2400 (€3.10/kg);
- 705 kg LMX by a Gortnagoyne farmer made €2220 (€3.15/kg);
- 585 kg PT by a Birmingham Road farmer made €1790 (€3.06/kg);
- 910 kg CHX by a Dunmore farmer made €2640 (€2.90/kg).
- 420 kg AAX by a Brownsgrove farmer made €1310 (€3.12/kg);
- 450 kg LMX by an Abbeyknockmoy farmer made €1490 (€3.31/kg);
- A pair 487 kg AAX by a Dereen farmer made €1440 (€2.96/kg);
- 500 kg AAX by a Brierfield farmer made €1490 (€2.98/kg);
- 530 kg LMX by a Kilkerrin farmer made €1660 (€3.13/kg);
- A pair 577 kg AAX by a Belclare farmer made €1710 (€2.96/kg);
- 585 kg LMX by a Gortnagoyne farmer made €1890 (€3.23/kg);
- 615 kg LMX by a Gortnagoyne farmer made €1850 (€3.01/kg);
- 785 LMX by a Lavally farmer made €2350 (€2.99/kg);
- 855 kg LMX by a Lavally farmer made €2470 (€2.89/kg).
Weanling bull prices:
- 255 kg CHX by a Liskeavy farmer made €900 (€3.53/kg);
- 325 kg CHX by a Cloonkeely farmer made €1110 (€3.42/kg);
- 335 kg by an Anbally farmer made €1190 (€3.55/kg);
- 350 kg CHX by a Moylough farmer made €1160 (€3.31/kg);
- 370 kg LMX by a Belclare farmer made €1260 (€3.41/kg);
- 410 kg LMX by a Brownsgrove farmer made €1400 (€3.41/kg);
- 450 kg CHX by a Moylough farmer made €1410 (€3.13/kg).
Weanling heifer prices:
- 250 kg LMX by a Ballyglunin farmer made €800 (€3.20/kg);
- 4 AAX 280 kg by an Annagh Hill farmer made €990 (€3.54/kg);
- 285 kg CHX by a Gallagh farmer made €860 (€3.02/kg);
- 305 kg LMX by a Claremorris farmer made €990 (€3.25/kg);
- 315 kg LMX by a Woodfield farmer made €1040 (€3.30/kg);
- 3 LMX 333 kg by a Belclare made €1080 (€3.24/kg);
- 390 kg CHX by a Rusheens made €1260 (€3.23/kg).
Last week’s cattle prices
“A buzzing bank holiday trade” is how Marion Devane summed up proceedings at Tuam Mart’s general cattle sale on Monday, April 10th, 2023.
The mart manager reported that dry cows sold to €2,520, while heifers topped out at €2,580, bullocks hit €2,280, weanling heifers changed hands for up to €1,420 and weanling bulls peaked at €1,360.
Read more via this link.
- Address: Church View, Corralea West, Tuam
- County: Galway
- Phone: 093-24353
- Cattle sales every Monday;
- Sheep sales every Tuesday. Intake from 12 pm to 3 pm. Breeding ewes and hogget at 4:30 pm in ring 1 and lamb sale on the plank at 5 pm.
Read more mart reports.
To include your reports, email