Tuam Mart – Cattle Prices – 10-04-2023
“A buzzing bank holiday trade” is how Marion Devane summed up proceedings at Tuam Mart’s general cattle sale on Monday, April 10th, 2023.
The mart manager reported that dry cows sold to €2,520, while heifers topped out at €2,580, bullocks hit €2,280, weanling heifers changed hands for up to €1,420 and weanling bulls peaked at €1,360.
Tuam Mart 10-04-2023
Dry cow prices:
- 820 kg LMX by a Dunmore farmer made €2520 (€3.07/kg);
- 740 kg LMX by a Abbeyknockmoy farmer made €2200 (€2.97/kg);
- 775 kg LMX by a Moyne farmer made €2260 (€2.92/kg);
- 760 kg CH by a Dunmore farmer made €2250 (€2.96/kg);
- 800 kg LMX by a Ballyglunin farmer made €2360 (€2.95/kg);
- 650 kg LM by a Carrowmoneen farmer made €1950 (€3.00/kg);
- 895 kg AU by a Houndswood farmer made €2520 (€2.82/kg);
- 805 kg LMX by a Kilconly farmer made €2320 (€2.88/kg).
- 345 kg LMX by a Barnaderg farmer made €1270 (€3.68/kg);
- 405 kg CHX by a Turloughmore farmer made €1400 (€3.46/kg);
- 475 kg LMX by a Gurranebeg farmer made €1600 (€3.37/kg);
- 535 kg LMX by a Ballinderry farmer made €1820 (€3.40/kg);
- A pair 570 kg CHX by a Foxhall farmer made €1960 (€3.44/kg);
- 645 kg CHX by a Menlough farmer made €2280 (€3.53/kg);
- 680 kg LXM by a Menlough farmer made €2200 (€3.24/kg).
- 415 kg CHX by a Tuam farmer made €1370 (€3.30/kg);
- 425 kg LMX by a Moylough farmer made €1420 (€3.34/kg);
- 440 kg CHX by a Claregalway farmer made €1470 (€3.34/kg);
- 495 kg CHX by a Lavally farmer made €1600 (€3.23/kg);
- 510 kg AAX by a Woodquay farmer made €1550 (€3.04/kg);
- 530 kg CHX by a Dunmore farmer made €1650 (€3.11/kg);
- 575 kg CHX by a Dunmore farmer made €1790 (€3.11/kg);
- 590 kg CHX by a Dangan farmer made €1900 (€3.22/kg);
- 640 kg LMX by a Dangan farmer made €2060 (€3.22/kg);
- 625 kg BBX by a Moyne farmer made €2580 (€4.13/kg);
- 600 kg CHX by a Claregalway farmer made €1800 (€3.00/kg).
Weanling bull prices:
- 210 kg LMX by a Shrule farmer made €760 (€3.62/kg);
- 290 kg CHX by a Barnaderg farmer made €1130 (€3.90/kg);
- 310 kg LMX by a Anbally farmer made €1080 (€3.48/kg);
- 315 kg LMX by a Lavally farmer made €1150 (€3.65/kg);
- 380 kg LMX by a Claregalway farmer made €1360 (€3.44/kg);
- 385 kg CHX by a Ballinacregg farmer made €1350 (€3.51/kg);
- 395 kg CHX by a Cloonmore farmer made €1360 (€3.44/kg).
Weanling heifer prices:
- 340 kg BBX by a Beaghmore farmer made €1420 (€4.18/kg);
- 360 kg BBX by a Beaghmore farmer made €1120 (€3.11/kg);
- 270 kg SAX by a Lavally farmer made €980 (€3.63/kg);
- 250 kg LMX by a Ballinlass farmer made €890 (€3.56/kg);
- 270 kg LMX by a Shrule farmer made €940 (€3.48/kg).
- Next week (Monday 27th), after the mart’s general sale at 11 a.m. will see the return of its evening sale at 5:30 p.m.
- Sheep sale every Tuesday – spring lamb – hoggets – in lamb – ewes with lambs at foot – culls. Bookings & enquiries – 093-24353
Last week’s cattle prices
According to Marion Devane, a “flying” trade prevailed at Tuam Mart’s general cattle sale on Monday, April 3rd, 2023.
The mart manager reported that cull cows reached €2,300, while heifers topped out at €1,860, and bullocks soared to €2,010.
Read more via this link.
- Address: Church View, Corralea West, Tuam
- County: Galway
- Phone: 093-24353
- Cattle sales every Monday;
- Sheep sales every Tuesday. Intake from 12 pm to 3 pm. Breeding ewes and hogget at 4:30 pm in ring 1 and lamb sale on the plank at 5 pm.
Read more mart reports.
To include your reports, email – [email protected].