Tuam Mart – Cattle Prices – 13-03-2023
A “dynamite” trade prevailed at Tuam Mart’s general cattle sale on Monday, March 13th, 2023, according to Marion Devane.
The mart manager reported that dry cows topped out at €2,440, while bullocks climbed to €2,540, and heifers made up to €1,960.
The previous week, prices reached €3,180 in the bullock ring, €2,700 in the cull cow ring and €2,250 in the heifer ring, as reported by That’s Farming.
Cull cow prices:
- 685 kg AU by a Ballyglunin farmer made €1930 (€2.78/kg);
- 780 kg LMX by a Dunmore farmer made €2220 (€2.85/kg);
- 750 kg CH by a Kilkerrin farmer made €2290 (€3.05/kg);
- 720 kg CHX by a Kilkerrin farmer made €2140 (€2.97/kg);
- 760 kg LMX by a Dunmore farmer made €2370 (€3.12/kg);
- 560 kg CHX by a Belclare farmer made €1530 (€2.73/kg);
- 780 kg CHX by a Tuam farmer made €2440 (€3.13/kg).
- 385 kg CHX by a Likeavy farmer made €1130 (€2.94/kg);
- 455 kg CHX by a Moylough farmer made €1390 (€3.05/kg);
- 480 kg AAX by a Corcullen farmer made €1430 (€2.98/kg);
- 470 kg CHX by a Liskeavy farmer made €1430 (€3.04/kg);
- 510 kg CH by a Barnaderg farmer made €1580 (€3.10/kg);
- 625 kg LMX by an Abbeyknockmoy farmer made €1960 (€3.14/kg).
- 325 kg LMX by a Dunmore farmer made €1080 (€3.32/kg);
- 385 kg LMX by a Dunmore farmer made €1290 (€3.35/kg);
- 450 kg AAX by a Glenamaddy farmer made €1320 (€2.93/kg);
- 450 kg CHX by a Barnaderg farmer made €1510 (€3.36/kg);
- A pair 505 kg FR by a Glenamaddy farmer made €1220 (€2.42/kg);
- 510 kg AAX by a Corcullen farmer made €1580 (€3.10/kg);
- 520 kg CHX by a Barnaderg farmer made €1630 (€3.13/kg);
- 545 kg LMX by a Claremorris farmer made €1760 (€3.23/kg);
- 585 kg BBX by a Corcullen farmer made €1790 (€3.06/kg);
- A pair 570 kg AAX by a Corcullen farmer made €1660 (€2.91/kg);
- 615 kg BBX by a Corcullen farmer made €1850 (€3.01/kg);
- 755 kg LMX by a Dunmore farmer made €2340 (€3.10/kg);
- 810 kg LMX by a Dunmore farmer made €2540 (€3.14/kg).
According to Devane, the mart’s evening weanling sale met with “fierce” demand from farmers and shippers with sample prices as follows:
Weanling bull prices:
- 330 kg LMX by a Barnaderg farmer made €1190 (€3.61/kg);
- 365 LM by a Barnaderg farmer made €1390 (€3.81/kg);
- 460 kg LMX by a Brownsgrove farmer made €1430 (€3.11/kg);
- 325 kg LMX by a Dangan farmer made €1180 (€3.63/kg);
- 255 kg LMX by a Dunmore farmer made €940 (€3.69/kg);
- 335 kg LMX by a Barnaderg farmer made €1080 (€3.22/kg);
- 340 kg CHX by a Kilkerrin farmer made €1280 (€3.76/kg);
- 320 kg LMX by a Kilkerrin farmer made €1200 (€3.75/kg);
- 370 kg LMX by a Scardaune farmer made €1270 (€3.43/kg);
- 355 kg BBX by a Cahergal farmer made €1200 (€3.38/kg);
- 310 kg AAX by a Fearbeg farmer made €1030 (€3.32/kg).
Weanling heifer prices:
- 360 kg LMX by a Cloonfush farmer made €1130 (€3.14/kg);
- 365 kg LMX by a Dunmore farmer made €1230 (€3.37/kg);
- 340 kg LMX by a Cloonfush farmer made €1120 (€3.29/kg);
- 360 kg LM by a Lisaleen farmer made €1190 (€3.31/kg);
- 395 kg CHX by a Lisaleen far emr ade €1320 (€3.34/kg);
- 340 kg CHX by a Scardaun farmer made €1210 (€3.56/kg);
- 285 kg LMX by a Dunmore farmer made €940 (€3.30/kg);
- 295 kg LMX by a Caherlistrane farmer made €1110 (€3.76/kg);
- 270 kg LMX by a Cloonagalsha farmer made €950 (€3.52/kg);
- 285 kg LMX by a Fearbeag farmer made €1210 (€4.25/kg).
- Address: Church View, Corralea West, Tuam
- County: Galway
- Phone: 093-24353
- Cattle sales every Monday;
- Sheep sales every Tuesday. Intake from 12 pm to 3 pm. Breeding ewes and hogget at 4:30 pm in ring 1 and lamb sale on the plank at 5 pm.
Read more mart reports.
To include your reports, email – [email protected].