Farming News/Mart Reports on That’s Farming – Tuam Mart – Cattle Prices – 18-09-2023
According to Marion Devane, a “blazing” trade prevailed at Tuam Mart on Monday, September 18th, 2023.
Cull cows reached €2,460, while heifers sold to €1,800 and bullocks climbed to €2,270.
Meanwhile, the mart’s Charolais Weanling Show & Sale saw highs of €1,610 for bulls, while heifers followed at €1,120.
- 355 kg LMX by a Lavally farmer made €1280 (€3.61/kg);
- 410 kg CHX by a Dunmore Road farmer made €1280 (€3.12/kg);
- 430 kg LMX by a Lavally farmer made €1400 (€3.26/kg);
- A pair 472 kg SIX by a Moylough farmer made €1450 (€3.07/kg);
- 485 kg LMX by a Fairmount farmer made €1430 (€2.95/kg)
- 500 kg LMX by a Glenamaddy farmer made €1440 (€2.88/kg);
- 555 kg LMX by a Glenamaddy farmer made €1600 (€2.88/kg);
- 585 kg LMX by a Fairmount farmer made €1730 (€2.96/kg);
- 665 kg LMX by a Killavoher farmer made €2050 (€3.01/kg);
- 705 kg CHX by an Addergoole farmer made €2030 (€2.88/kg);
- 3 CHX 711 kg by a Rusheens farmer made €1980 (€2.78/kg);
- 775 kg CHX by a Rusheen farmer made €2270 (€2.93/kg).
- 950 kg CHX by a Belclare farmer made €2460 (€2.59/kg);
- 865 kg LMX by a Cashel farmer made €2400 (€2.77/kg);
- 745 kg LMX by a Hollymount farmer made €1990 (€2.67/kg);
- 865 kg LMX by a Cloghanshill farmer made €2280 (€2.64/kg);
- 835 kg AAX by an Annagh Hill farmer made €2090 (€2.50/kg);
- 755 kg CHX by a Cortoon farmer made €1850 (€2.45/kg);
- 770 kg CHX by a Cashel farmer made €1810 (€2.345/kg);
- 860 kg LMX by a Cashel farmer made €2160 (€2.51/kg).
- 395 kg CH by a Ballyglunin farmer made €1270 (€3.22/kg);
- 410 kg LMX by a Cloonmore farmer made €1240 (€3.02/kg);
- 415 kg BAX by an Abbeyknockmoy farmer made €1270 (€3.06/kg);
- 465 kg LMX by a Cloonthue farmer made €1480 (€3.18/kg);
- 490 kg LMX by a Mountbellew farmer made €1400 (€2.86/kg);
- 515 CHX by an Abbeyknockmoy farmer made €1470 (€2.85/kg);
- 520 kg CHX by a Cooloo farmer made €1500 (€2.88/kg);
- 670 kg AAX by an Annagh Hill farmer made €1800 (€2.69/kg).
Sample weanling heifer prices from Charolais Weanling Show & Sale include:
- 210 kg CHX by a Gortbeg farmer made €800 (€3.81/kg);
- 235 kg LMX by a Gortbeg farmer made €990 (€4.21/kg);
- A pair 260 kg by a Brownsgrove farmer made €920 (€3.54/kg);
- A pair 262 kg by a Cloonfad farmer made €1010 (€3.85/kg);
- 275 kg CHX by a Gardenfield farmer made €1020 (€3.71/kg);
- 295 kg CHX by a Gardenfield farmer made €1120 (€3.80/kg);
- 305 kg CHX by a Ballyglunin farmer made €1040 (€3.41/kg);
- 310 kg BBX by a Lissaleen farmer made €1050 (€3.39/kg);
- 350 kg CHX by a Kilgeverin farmer made €1120 (€3.20/kg).
Sample weanling bull prices from Charolais Weanling Show & Sale include:
- 265 kg CHX by a Cappagh farmer made €1090 (€3.69/kg);
- 285 kg CHX by a Woodquay farmer made €1220 (€4.28/kg);
- 290 kg CHX by a Kilgerverin farmer made €1200 (€4.14/kg);
- 300 kg CHX by a Woodquay farmer made €1240 (€4.13/kg);
- 315 kg LMX by a Cortoon farmer made €1310 (€4.16/kg);
- 355 kg LMX by a Milltown farmer made €1630 (€4.59/kg);
- 305 kg CHX by a Brownsgrove farmer made €1140 (€3.74/kg);
- 440 kg CHX by a Menlough farmer made €1580 (€3.59/kg);
- 330 kg CHX by a Woodquay farmer made €1230 (€3.73/kg);
- A pair 400 kg CHX by a Milltown farmer made €1300 (€3.25/kg).
Sponsors for this sale – AIB Tuam & St Jarlath’s Credit Union.
Prize winners included:
- Jimmy Noonan, Cloonagh, Milltown, Co. Galway
- Brendan Nestor, Brownsgrove, Tuam, Co. Galway
- Patrick Mulry, Abbeyknockmoy, Tuam, Co. Galway
- Seamus Brennan, Newtown, Cloonfad, Ballyhaunis, Co. Galway
- Sean Connolly, Kilgeverin, Tuam, Co. Galway
- John McHugh, Garfield, Tuam, Co. Galway