Raphoe Mart report – cattle prices – 29-07-2021
The mart manager reported “an excellent trade for all cattle on offer”.
Speaking following the sale, she said:
“Quality cattle in great demand sold from €2.40/kg to €2.80/kg. Friesian cattle were also a good trade on the day; they made from €1.60/kg to €2.10/kg.”
Raphoe Mart 29-07-2021:
- Bullocks made from €2/kg to €2.80/kg;
- Bulls fetched from €2/kg to €2.60/kg;
- Heifers changed hands from €2/kg to €2.80/kg;
- Cull cows sold from €650/head to €1690/head.
- Bulls over 600 kgs – €600 to €900 over;
- Beef bullocks – €600 to €840 over;
- Store bullocks – €400 to €810 over;
- Beef heifers – €540 to €855 over;
- Store heifers – €350 to €710 over.
Sheep sale 26-07-2021:
Lambs sold at:
- €70 to €90 for 26-32kgs;
- €90 to €110 for 33-39kgs;
- €110 to €125 for 40-44kgs;
- €125 to €136 for 45-55kgs.
- Fat ewes ranged from €70 to €160
Cattle prices the previous week:
According to Harkin, there was “brisk” bidding both ringside and online for quality stock on the Donegal-based mart on Thursday, July 22nd.
She reported that Angus-bred cattle were also in “high demand”.
- Bulls/bullocks varied from €2/kg to €2.80/kg
- Heifers went under the hammer from €2.10/kg to €2.90/kg
- Fat cows sold from €830/head to €1340/head
- Bulls over 600kgs – €600 to €825 over the weight.;
- Store bullocks – €400 to €590 over the weight;
- Beef heifers – €600 to €805 over the weight;
- Store heifers – €350 to €750 over the weight.
- Address: Raphoe Livestock Mart, Lifford, County Donegal.
- Contact: 074 914 5385
- Sale days: Sheep sale – Mondays at 11 am. Cattle sale – Thursdays at 11 am
You can find more mart reports.
To include your report, email us – [email protected]