Hear the stories of some of the most progressive farmers that That’s Farming has visited over the years.
In this video, we hear from Mayo’s Rory Delaney, a former 80-cow suckler farmer, who discusses his venture into dairying with a Lely robotic milking system.
In this clip, Shane Reilly, another Mayo-based farmer, shares his experience of beef farming with a Zero-Grazer and feeding no concentrates.
Meanwhile, That’s Farming also paid a visit to Tim Mannion, a 200-cow dairy farmer in Co Offaly, who explained that zero-grazing “changed my life as before that, there was a lot of stress involved in milking cows”.
Read farming articles on That’s Farming:
- ‘Generally milking under 50 cows per robot would not be viable’
- ‘We are milking 107,000 cows across 6 farms in Saudi Arabia’ – Longford native (29)
- VIDEO: Milking 125 cows with 2 robots for 9 years
- VIDEO: Father and son future-proofing their 2-robot 170-cow farm
- VIDEO: Milking 420 cows with 6 robots in Meath
- ‘My family had no big interest in sheep or sucklers’ – 134-cow robotic dairy farmer
- ‘Electricity-wise, the cost is about €80/year’ – 132-cow farmer using automatic robot scraper
To share your story, email – [email protected]