Monarch Tractor has launched the “world’s first fully electric, driver optional, smart tractor integrated on a single platform”.
The machine combines electrification, automation, machine learning, and data analysis to enhance farmer’s existing operations, increase labour productivity and safety, and maximize yields to cut overhead costs and emissions, according to the company.
The firm has secured several hundred working farms as preliminary customers.
Praveen Penmetsa, co-founder & CEO, Monarch Tractor, said: “Monarch Tractor is ushering in the digital transformation of farming with unprecedented intelligence, technology and safety features.”
“We have assembled a world-class team of farmers, engineers, and scientists to meet today’s farming demands and are empowering farmers by giving them intelligent tools to collect more predictive data to implement sustainable practices, better share their story and make more money.”
“Hundreds of farmers have signed on to receive a Monarch Tractor. We look forward to delivering a new level of sustainability and efficiency to their existing farm operations.”
Monarch Tractor – Features:
- Renewable Technology – The Monarch Tractor is 100% electric and has zero tailpipe emissions. It also serves as a 3-in-1 electrification tool operating not only as a tractor. Wirth extra storage, it acts as an ATV. It has capabilities to perform as a powerful generator in the field.
- Driver Optional – Can operate with or without a driver. The company utilizes the latest autonomous hardware and software technology to provide driver-assist and driver-optional operations. The tractor can perform pre-programmed tasks without a driver. An operator can use Monarch’s interactive automation features including Gesture and Shadow modes to have the tractor follow a worker on the job.
- Unprecedented Safety – Roll and collision prevention, vision-based Power Take-Off (PTO) safety and 360° cameras.
- Deep Learning & Sensing Suite – The Monarch Tractor collects and analyzes over 240GB of crop data every day it operates in the field. It can work with farmers’ current implements as well as the next generation of smart implements. Sensors and imaging are processed to provide critical data points that can be utilised for real-time implement adjustment. Others include long term yield estimates, current growth stages and other plant /crop health metrics. Utilizing machine learning, it is able to digest this data and provide long-term analysis of field health, improving accuracy the longer it runs. Additionally, the data collected is securely stored in a Monarch cloud.
- Smart Device Operation – Via a smartphone or personal device, users receive tractor alerts, updates on current micro-weather conditions, detailed operations reports, data collection, analysis, and storage for more efficient farm planning.
- Powerful – Tractor’s electric drivetrain is capable of providing 40HP (30KW) of continuous power and short duration peak power up to 70HP (55KW).
Monarch Tractor has received critical acclaim for its innovation. Firstly, the company received the 2020 Tractor of the Year in the AgTech Breakthrough Awards.
Also, it was named one of World Ag Expo’s Top 10 Best New Products. Furthermore, it was recognised in Fast Company’s Best World-Changing Ideas: North America, Energy and Food.
Monarch Tractor has a starting price of $50,000 and can be reserved now with a fully refundable $500 deposit.