New to the market at €2.3m is a contemporary home with equestrian facilities on approximately 45-acres for sale in Wicklow.
Savills is overseeing the sale of the property in Wish Willow, Whitepark, Arklow, Co Wicklow.
Home for sale in Wicklow
The selling agent described the listing as a “fully modernised country residence with proportioned and well-balanced accommodation, extending to about 5,898 sq. ft”.
Supplementing the accommodation in the main house is a “spacious” courtyard apartment and games room, over the stable block and extends to about 3,282 sq. ft.
The house occupies a “peaceful, countryside” position, yet is in a central location, close to the M11.
The property consists of landscaped garden grounds and numerous grass paddocks. Wish Willow sits amidst about 45-acres of established landscaped garden grounds, which are predominantly laid to lawn. About 20,000 trees were planted in the year 2000.
A wooden deck and wrap around garden path overlook the lake “offer a tranquil opportunity for summer entertaining”.
The equestrianism at Wish Willow is a notable feature, with a yard containing 20 loose boxes and a sand arena.
The “exemplary” equestrian facilities consist of an enclosed courtyard with a clock tower to the south of the house and 10 loose boxes.
From here, you can gain access into an American-style barn where you can find a further 10 indoor stables, including two foaling boxes.
The stable block also includes an office, tack room, feed room and toilet. Through the external courtyard, there is a 5-span hay shed, and 4-span machinery shed.
Adjacent to this is a concrete cattle yard with a pen and underground effluent tank. A large sand arena (55m x 32m) is in “good” condition with exceptional drainage.
The property is “well laid out” and is of stone construction beneath a hip slated roof. Extending to about 5,898 sq. ft., most of the accommodation is on the ground floor.
You can approach the house via a 10m covered cloister walkway to the front door, which leads into the spacious reception hall.
- Reception hall: Double height beamed ceiling and a large wood-burning stove;
- A raw stone staircase leads up to the open mezzanine level with a separate home office and a balcony overlooking the drawing-room;
- Small balcony overlooking the atrium and courtyard;
- Double doors from the reception hall open into the bright and elegant dining room, which looks down onto the drawing-room and conservatory on either side;
- The drawing room includes a large, open fireplace set within a raw stone chimney piece with “panoramic” south-facing picture windows overlooking the grounds. Furthermore, French doors open to the side garden.
- The conservatory is off the drawing and includes French doors onto a large decking area.
- Country-style kitchen/breakfast room: Spacious room extensive range of floor and wall-mounted units. It contains stylish exposed wooden beams, a granite island top and a large four-door oil-fired Alpha. There is a two-door electrical Alpha add-on, which can you can switch on and off as required;
- Sitting room: Has an open brick fireplace;
- A number of stores: A wine cellar, utility, laundry room and two bathrooms;
- Three double bedrooms with ensuites, all with French doors, which open onto the garden. The master bedroom is to the east wing and is a split-level suite. It comprises a lounge, a fully fitted walk-in wardrobe and his and her bathrooms, one with a jacuzzi and the other with a sauna.
Properties for sale in Ireland
More houses, land, and farms for sale.