Cootehill Livestock Mart – sheep prices – 04-11-2021
According to Geoffrey Drury, manager of Cootehill Livestock Mart, just under 960 sheep were on offer on Thursday, November 4th, 2021.
He reported that the Cavan-based mart held “another very successful sale with quality stock on offer”.
He reported that a total of 134 lots, containing 959 sheep, went under the hammer.
“An exceptional trade again for small, store-type lambs. Fats, in general, were a smidge better than last week, with the fleshier type up as much as 15c/kg.”
Cootehill Livestock Mart 04-11-2021:
Light stores (20-30kgs)
- 5 lambs at 27kgs – €97 or €3.55/kg;
- 15 lambs at 24kgs – €88 or €3.55/kg;
- 10 lambs at 28kgs – €98 or €3.44/kg;
- 17 lambs at 28kgs – €96 or €3.38/kg;
- 10 lambs at 26kgs – €86 or €3.32/kg.
Heavy stores (30-40kgs)
- 10 lambs at 33kgs – €107 or €3.24/kg;
- 5 lambs at 31kgs – €99 or €3.17/kg;
- 7 lambs at 36kgs – €115 or €3.12/kg;
- 10 lambs at 33kgs – €110 or €3.12/kg;
- 5 lambs at 37kgs – €114 or €3.06/kg.
- 24 lambs at 39kgs – €123 or €3.16/kg;
- 5 lambs at 38kgs – €120 or €3.13/kg;
- 4 lambs at 50kgs – €153 or €3.06/kg;
- 14 lambs at 48kgs – €146 or €3.05/kg;
- 11 lambs at 40kgs – €119 or €3.00/kg.
- Cast ewes: €65-€145
- Rams: €175-€235
- Address: Station Road, Cootehill, Co Cavan;
- Contact details: Phone: 0495555362;
- Sales days: Sheep and cattle sales weekly. Sales online via LSL Auctions
The mart re-opened under new management earlier this year.
The Cavan-based sheep and cattle mart draws customers from Cavan, Monaghan, Meath and further afield.
The premises, now named Cootehill Livestock Mart, was under Jimmy and Carmel O’Reilly’s management for seven years.
The Drury family is now leasing the premises on a ten-year basis.
View other mart reports.
Contact our editorial team, by emailing – [email protected]