Farming News / Mart Reports:Tuam Mart – Cattle Prices – 26-06-202
According to Marion Devane, a “steady” cattle trade prevailed at Tuam Mart, Co Galway, on Monday, June 26th, 2023, writes farming journalist, Catherina Cunnane.
The mart manager reported that cull cows pushed to €1,920, while bullocks sold to €1,360 and heifers soared to €1,660.
Read an article from the previous week’s sale on www.thatsfarming.com: ‘Ploy by factories to pull beef price having knock-on effect on mart trade’ – Devane
Cull cow prices:
- 845 kg AU by a Ballyglunin farmer made €1920 (€2.27/kg);
- 635 kg CHX by a Milltown farmer made €1450 (€2.28/kg);
- 670 kg LMX by a Barnaderg farmer made €1640 (€2.45/kg);
- 740 kg LMX by a Dunmore farmer made €1790 (€2.42/kg);
- 700 kg LMX by a Barnaderg farmer made €1650 (€2.36/kg);
- 705 kg LMX by a Lavally farmer made €1690 (€2.40/kg);
- 685 kg SI by a Belclare farmer made €1700 (€2.48/kg);
- 695 kg AUX by an Oranmore farmer made €1670 (€2.40/kg).
- 290 kg LMX by a Belclare farmer made €1080 (€3.72/kg);
- 335 kg LMX by a Belclare farmer made €1090 (€3.25/kg);
- 3 LMX 371 kg By a Corohan farmer made €1140 (€3.07/kg);
- 410 kg CHX by a Farrafunus farmer made €1360 (€3.32/kg);
- 3 AAX 418 kg by a Glan farmer made €1250 (€2.99/kg);
- 460 kg LMX by a Dunmore farmer made €1290 (€2.80/kg).
- Heifer prices:
- 345 kg LMX by a Belclare farmer made €1150 (€3.33/kg);
- 355 kg LMX by a Dunmore farmer made €1160 (€3.27/kg);
- 365 kg CHX by a Milltown farmer made €1170 (€3.21/kg);
- 390 kg CHX by a Ballyglunin farmer made €1210 (€3.10/kg);
- 490 kg AAX by a Milltown farmer made €1280 (€2.61/kg);
- 520 kg CHX by a Dunmore farmer made €1470 (€2.83/kg);
- 560 kg LM by a Dunmore farmer made €1570 (€2.80/kg);
- 575 kg CHX by a Rusheens farmer made €1660 (€2.89/kg);
- 605 kg LM by a Dunmore farmer made €1660 (€2.74/kg).
- Address: Church View, Corralea West, Tuam
- County: Galway
- Phone: 093-24353
- Cattle sales every Monday;
- Sheep sales every Tuesday. Intake from 12 pm to 3 pm. Breeding ewes and hogget at 4:30 pm in ring 1 and lamb sale on the plank at 5 pm.
Read more mart reports.