Tuam Mart – Cattle Prices – 19-06-2023
According to Marion Devane, there was a “cooling in the prices paid” at Tuam Mart’s general cattle sale on Monday, June 19th, 2023, writes farming journalist, Catherina Cunnane.
The mart manager reported that dry cows peaked at €2,010, while heifers pushed to €1,660 and bullocks climbed to €2,000.
Devane remarked that “the ploy by the factories to pull the price of beef appears to be having a knock-on effect on the mart trade”.
Sample prices from the cow ring are as follows:
- 715 kg SIX by a Lavally farmer made €1770 (€2.48/kg);
- 730 kg LMX by a Dunmore farmer made €2010 (€2.75/kg);
- 685 kg SIX by a Lavally farmer made €1690 (€2.47/kg);
- 650 kg FR by a Williamstown farmer made €1570 (€2.42/kg);
- 620 kg AAX by a Ballinasloe farmer made €1350 (€2.18/kg);
- 700 kg BBX by a Williamstown farmer made €1770 (€2.53/kg).
Bullock prices on the day included:
- 315 kg CH by a Dunmore farmer made €990 (€3.14/kg);
- 355 kg LMX by a Jackson farmer made €1090 (€3.07/kg);
- 465 kg SIX by a Lissavalley farmer made €1300 (€2.80/kg);
- 515 kg LMX by a Milltown farmer made €1530 (€2.97/kg);
- A pair 535 kg by a Cummer farmer made €1640 (€3.07/kg);
- 570 kg LMX by a Cummer farmer made €1660 (€2.91/kg);
- 690 kg CHX by a Gardenfield farmer made €2000 (€2.90/kg).
Sample heifer prices included:
- 330 kg LMX by a Lavally farmer made €1100 (€3.33/kg);
- 375 kg LMX by a Cloonboo farmer made €1300 (€3.47/kg);
- 505 kg LM by a Glenamaddy farmer made €1420 (€2.81/kg);
- 555 kg LMX by a Lavally farmer made €1560 (€2.81/kg);
- 565 kg LMX by a Lavally farmer made €1580 (€2.80/kg);
- 615 kg by a Claregalway farmer made €1660 (€2.70/kg).
Weanling heifer prices included:
- 235 kg CHX by a Ballyglunin farmer made €900 (€3.83/kg);
- 265 kg CHX by a Ballyglunin farmer made €940 (€3.55/kg);
- 315 kg LMX by a Belclare farmer made €960 (€3.05/kg).
Weanling bull prices included:
- 255 kg CHX by a Belclare farmer made €800 (€3.14/kg);
- 330 kg CHX by a Lavally farmer made €1250 (€3.79/kg);
- 390 kg CHX by a Lavally farmer made €1440 (€3.69/kg).
Last week’s cattle prices
A “persistent trade” prevailed at Tuam Mart on Monday, June 12th, 2023, according to Marion Devane.
The mart manager reported that cull cows pushed to €2,100, while bullocks made up to €1,880, and heifers peaked at €1,950.
Read more on this mart report.
Next week will see the mart’s general cattle sale at 11 am on Monday, June 26th, 2023.
- Address: Church View, Corralea West, Tuam
- County: Galway
- Phone: 093-24353
- Cattle sales every Monday;
- Sheep sales every Tuesday. Intake from 12 pm to 3 pm. Breeding ewes and hogget at 4:30 pm in ring 1 and lamb sale on the plank at 5 pm.
Read more mart reports.