Carnew Mart report – cattle prices – 17-07-2021
Speaking following the sale, he said:
“Saturday saw another big sale for the time of year. While quality was back across the yard, trade was still very strong.”
“A large number of farmers were active for lighter, store-type cattle.”
Carnew Mart 17-07-2021:
- CH 706kg at €1710;
- BBX – 420kg at €1240;
- CH – 313kg at €870;
- LM – 536kg at €1580;
- CH 320kg at €850;
- LM 668kg at €1720;
- CH 610kg at €1500.
- CH 428kg at €1170;
- BB 666kg at €1770;
- CH 460kg at €1160
- BB 740kg at €1860;
- CH 392kg at €1020;
- LM 536kg at €1230;
- CH 634kg at €1630;
- CH 684kg at €1700;
- BB 700kg at €1700;
- CH 641kg at €1660.
According to Quinn, over 200 cull cows met with a “very lively trade” at Friday’s sale.
He reported that Friesian store cows sold from €1.30-€1.50/kg:
- 650kg – €890 – straight out of the parlour;
- 670kg – €1100;
- 720kg – €1150.
“Top price was a super BB cow, 826kg, €2,200. Store-coloured cows were in high demand from both feeders and northern customers alike. Young coloured cows were freely making €2/kg.”
“We had a special entry of sucklers. Aged cows due in August to a Limousin or Simmental bull sold from €1,300 to a top of €1,560,” Quinn concluded.
Cattle prices at last week’s sale
Read a report from last week’s sale.
Sale days at Carnew Mart:
- Thursday Ring 1– Sheep sale commencing at 10:00am ringside and online.
- Friday Ring 1– Dry cows commencing at 4.00pm – depending on time of year
- Saturday Ring 1– Dry cows commencing at 9.30am. Other categories commencing at 10.30am ringside and online.
- Saturday Ring 2– Calf sale commencing at 11.00am ringside and online.
Cattle may be pre-entered by contacting the office on the week prior to sale day or you can enter by using the mart’s online entry system on its website.
- Cattle taken in from 7.00am
- Calf collection service available
- If you have any queries, contact the office: 34 Main Street, Carnew, Co. Wicklow: Tel: 053 94 26234 or Mob: 087 7469999
View other mart reports.