Farming News/Mart Reports – Aurivo Ballinrobe Mart – Sheep Prices – 03-07-2023
According to Teresa Gibsey, sheep numbers reached the 1,100 mark at Aurivo Ballinrobe Mart, Co Mayo, on Thursday, August 3rd, 2023.
The mart’s assistant manager reported that “lambs turned out from Ballinrobe, Castlebar, Westport, Claremorris and Ballina area with some of our regular buyers and new buyers ringside and online”.
Lambs/hoggets made from €1.38 to €3.40/kg or €27 to €150 with an average of €91 per head or €2.68/kg.
Lamb prices on the day as follows:
- 48kg, wether lambs, €150, €3.13/kg;
- 45kg, lambs, €133, €2.96/kg;
- 42kg, ewe lambs, €130, €3.10/kg;
- 40kg, ewe lambs, €124, €3.10/kg;
- 43kg, mixed lambs, €126, €2.93/kg;
- 5kg, ewe lambs, €90, €3.40/kg;
- 36kg, ewe lambs, €106, €3.12/kg.
Cull ewes pushed from €30 to €190 per head with an average of €81 paid per head or price per kilo of €1.35.
- 89kg, €190, €2.13/kg;
- 105kg, €170, €1.62/kg;
- Culls 74kg, €144, €1.95/kg.
Last week’s sheep prices
Gibsey reported that there was a “relatively good” turnout for the mart’s sheep sale last Thursday, July 27th, 2023.
Lambs/hoggets traded from €1.50 to €3.33/kg or €30 to €148 with an average of €93 per head or €2.73/kg.
- 52kg, ewe lambs, €148, €2.85/kg;
- 47kg, ewe lambs, €148, €3.15/kg;
- 46kg, mixed lambs, €140, €3.04/kg;
- 5kg, ram lambs, €137, €2.66/kg;
- 41kg, wether lambs, €123, €3.00/kg;
- 44kg, ram lambs, €135, €3.07/kg;
- 36kg, ewe lambs, €120, €3.33/kg.
Cull ewes varied from €35 to €224 per head with an average of €132 paid per head or price per kilo of €1.73 across the board.
- 95kg, €224, €2.36/kg;
- 92kg, €190, €2.07/kg;
- 80kg, €140, €1.75/kg.
- Address: Aurivo Ballinrobe Mart, Claremorris Road, Ballinrobe, Co Mayo
- Sales: Weekly cattle sales on Wednesday at 11 am (subject to seasonal change) and weekly sheep sales on Thursdays
- Note: Pre-booking every Thursday and Friday from 9 am-1 pm for cattle sales.
- Contact details: Telephone: 094-9541140.
View more mart reports on That’s Farming.
Find more videos on That’s Farming’s YouTube channel via this link.
From next Friday, August 11th, breeding sales will take place.
All sheep must have 2 tags and the dispatch docket must have 2 bar codes.
Management advises that you have your dispatches filled out prior to unloading.
Mart yard is open from 7:00 am.
The premier 2-day sale for the Mayo Mule and Greyface Group will take place on Friday 18th and Saturday, August 19th, 2023.
See more farming news on www.thatsfarming.com