Savills is guiding a compact, former dairy farm for sale in Wexford at €950,000.
The firm will offer the holding at Coolatrindle, Kilmuckridge, for sale by public auction in December 2021.
It has described the 88-acre enterprise as an “excellent mixed arable and livestock farm and house”.
Former dairy farm for sale
The selling agents said: “Coolatrindle is an excellent ring-fenced farm extending to approximately 88-acres in total.”
“It includes a range of farm buildings and an uninhabited residential property.”
“The fields are of good workable size and layout and are uniform in quality.”
“Furthermore, a key feature is the useful internal hard track passing through the centre of the farm.”
The ploughable land is presently in grass but can grow arable crops.
The selling agents cited the area’s “well developed agricultural infrastructure” as one of its key selling points.
It listed several livestock marts, vet practices, machinery merchants and milk and grain processing plants as examples.
Land and buildings
The farm formerly carried a dairy herd. More recently, the owners have leased it for grazing livestock, but it has previously grown arable crops.
An “extensive range” of farm buildings are on the farm’s eastern boundary and have two entrance points off the public road.
They are of steel frame construction and provide winter accommodation for livestock and general-purpose storage.
“The farm buildings were designed and constructed specifically for running a dairy enterprise,” the selling agent added.
- Former dairy complex: Dutch barn in 5 bays of steel frame construction beneath a corrugated roof with Yorkshire boarding and concrete walls. Slatted collecting area, parlour, bullpen, dairy and loft. Opens to:
- Former cubicle shed: Two Dutch barns, each with lean-tos, in 5 bays of steel frame construction beneath corrugated roofs with corrugated cladding and concrete walls, central feed passage and slatted base. 7 adjoining calving pens.
- Covered silage clamp with lean-tos at each side: Dutch barn in 4 bays of steel frame construction beneath a corrugated roof with corrugated cladding and block and concrete walls. The lean-tos formerly served as a calf shed and workshop.
- Hay shed: In 7 bays of steel frame construction beneath a corrugated roof with part corrugated cladding and part concrete wall, part open.
- Covered silage clamp with lean-to: Dutch barn in 3 bays of steel frame construction beneath a corrugated roof with corrugated cladding and concrete walls.
- Slatted shed: In 4 bays of steel frame construction beneath a corrugated roof with Yorkshire boarding and corrugated cladding, block and concrete walls and a central feed passage.
“A feature of the farm buildings is the extensive concrete aprons and hard standing. These include areas for a midden and a silage plinth.”
An easterly facing single-storey house is directly off the public road. According to the selling agent, the house has been unoccupied in recent years and needs renovation and repair.
The internal accommodation, extends to approximately 120 square metres (1,291 square feet), and is laid out on the accompanying plans.
A garage a situated next to the house. There is a garden laid to lawn and sheltered by mature trees on the south and west, with the remaining two sides enclosed by a timber fence.
Public auction details:
The auction will take place at the Ashdown Park Hotel, Gorey, on December 2nd, 2021, at 3 pm.
Properties for sale in Ireland
See more farms for sale.