Tuam Mart – cattle prices – 20-12-2021
According to Marion Devane, there was a “strong trade across the board” at Tuam Mart’s final sale of 2021 on Monday (20-12-2021).
The mart manager provided the following prices for cull cows, heifers, bullocks and weanlings from its weekly cattle sale.
Tuam Mart 20-12-2021:
Cull cow prices:
- 610 kg AA cow by a Corrandulla farmer made €1040 (€1.70/kg);
- 625 kg LMX by a Glenamaddy farmer made €1150 (€1.84/kg);
- 680 kg LMX by a Tuam farmer made €1430 (€2.10/kg);
- 540 kg LMX by a Ballyglunin farmer made €1070 (€1.98/kg);
- 785 kg CHX by a Lavally farmer made €1730 (€2.20/kg);
- 780 kg LM by an Abbeyknockmoy farmer made €1910 (€2.45/kg).
- 450 kg AAX by a Clonberne farmer made €980 (€2.18/kg);
- 440 kg LMX by a Barnaderg farmer made €1000 (€2.27/kg);
- 465 kg CHX by a Lavaly farmer made €1160 (€2.49/kg);
- 255 kg LMX by a Headford farmer made €650 (€2.55/kg);
- 3 610 kg CHX by a Kinvara farmer made €1480 (€2.48/kg).
- 435 kg LMX by an Irishtown farmer made €1140 (€2.62/kg);
- 450 kg LMX made €1100 (€2.44/kg);
- 510 kg LMX by a Dunmore farmer made €1220 (€2.39/kg);
- 535 kg AAX by a Shrule farmer made €1220 (€2.28/kg);
- 570 kg LMX by a Cummer farmer made €1500 (€2.63/kg).
Devane said there was “a small but sweet selection of weanlings on offer at our last sale of 2021”.
Weanling bull prices:
- 355 kg LMX by a Kilkerrin farmer made €900 (€2.54/kg);
- 300 kg CHX by a Mountbellew farmer made €820 (€2.73/kg);
- 265 kg CHX by a Barnaderg farmer made €810 (€3.06/kg);
- 255 kg LMX by a Mountbellew farmer made €880 (€3.45/kg).
Weanling heifer prices:
- 315 kg by a Kilkerrin farmer made €775 (€2.46/kg);
- 270 kg by a Mountbellew farmer made €830 (€3.07/kg);
- 300 kg LMX by a Barnaderg farmer made €1050 (€3.50/kg).
- Address: Church View, Corralea West, Tuam
- County: Galway
- Phone: 093-24353
Upcoming sales at Tuam Mart:
- Cattle sales every Monday;
- Sheep sales every Tuesday. Intake from 12 pm to 3 pm. Breeding ewes and hogget at 4:30 pm in ring 1 and lamb sale on the plank at 5 pm.
2022 opening sales:
- January 4th: Sheep sale
- January 17th, 2022: Cattle sale
- Read more mart reports.
To include your reports, email – [email protected]