Tuam Mart – Cattle Prices – 18-10-2022
According to Marion Devane, cull cows reached €1,820, while heifers topped out at €1,760 and bullocks soared to €1,860 at Tuam Mart on Monday, October 18th, 2022.
The mart manager reported that weanling heifers made up to €900, while bulls peaked at €1,150.
She noted that “Norman Connolly’s sale of premium in-calf heifers attracted buyers from near and far, with buyers in attendance from Donegal to Wexford and all counties in between, including many local farmers.”
“The top price on the night was €4500 for a LMX heifer in-calf to Loyal (LM4184). Lot 886, a LMX heifer incalf to Templequain Rover, maxed out at €4100,” Devane explained.
Tuam Mart 18-10-2022
Cull cow prices:
- 735 kg CHX by a Cumme farmer made €1680 (€2.29/kg);
- 715 kg CH by a Claregalway farmer made €1750 (€2.45/kg);
- 860 kg CH by a Claregalway farmer made €1980 (€2.30/kg);
- 715 kg LM by a Mountbellew farmer made €1750 (€2.45/kg);
- 820 kg CHX by a Gardenfield farmer made €1930 (€2.35/kg);
- 740 kg LMX by a Headford farmer made €1820 (€2.46/kg).
- 465 kg LMX by a Ballinrobe farmer made €1410 (€3.03/kg);
- 495 kg LMX by a Kilkerrin farmer made €1400 (€2.83/kg);
- 415 kg LMX by a Barnaderg farmer made €1040 (€2.51/kg);
- 525 kg LMX by a Ballinrobe farmer made €1410 (€2.69/kg);
- 530 kg LMX by a Ballinasloe farmer made €1430 (€2.70/kg);
- 580 kg LMX by a Brierfield farmer made €1550 (€2.67/kg);
- 605 kg CHX by a Claremorris farmer made €1760 (€2.91/kg);
- 710 kg LMX by a Cummer farmer made €1600 (€2.25/kg).
- 460 kg CHX By a Clonberne farmer made €1400 (€3.04/kg);
- 480 kg LMLX by a Caherlistrane farmer made €1420 (€2.96/kg);
- A pair 485kg LMX by a Dunmore farmer made €1400 (€2.89/kg);
- 3 CHX 485 kg by a Dunmore farmer made €1520 (€2.95/kg);
- 555 kg CHX by a Cloghanshill farmer made €1620 (€2.92/kg);
- A pair 622 kg by a Belclare farmer made €1740 (€2.80/kg);
- 625 kg CHX by a Kilkerrin farmer made €1690 (€2.70/kg);
- 690 kg LMX by a Ballinasloe farmer made €1860 (€2.70/kg).
Weanling heifer prices:
- 275 kg LMX by a Tuam farmer made €750 (€2.73/kg);
- 280 kg LMX by a Moyne farmer made €760 (€2.71/kg);
- A pair 360 kg CHX by a Headford farmer made €1100 (€3.06/kg);
- 300 kg LMX by a Headford farmer made €900 (€3.00/kg);
- 265 kg CHX by a Dunmore farmer made €720(€2.72/kg).
Weanling bull prices:
- 335 kg LMX by a Milltown farmer made €1040 (€3.10/kg);
- 290 kg CHX by a Claremorris farmer made €940 (€3.24/kg);
- 365 kg CH by a Kilphrasogue farmer made €1090 (€2.99/kg);
- 345 kg CHX by a Glenamaddy farmer made €1080 (€3.13/kg);
- 375 kg CHX by a Sylane farmer made €1150 (€3.07/kg);
- 325 kg CHX by a Headford farmer made €1090 (€3.35/kg).
- Address: Church View, Corralea West, Tuam
- County: Galway
- Phone: 093-24353
- Cattle sales every Monday;
- Sheep sales every Tuesday. Intake from 12 pm to 3 pm. Breeding ewes and hogget at 4:30 pm in ring 1 and lamb sale on the plank at 5 pm.
Read more mart reports.
To include your reports, email – [email protected].