Tuam Mart report – Cattle Prices – 14-03-2022
According to Marion Devane, “top prices were paid throughout the day” at Tuam Mart’s cattle sale on Monday, March 14th, 2022.
The mart manager reported that cull cows reached €2,270, while heifers reached €1,700 and bullocks topped out at €2,080 at its most recent sale.
Last week’s sale saw cull cows reach €2,160, while heifers made up to €1,770 and bullocks peaked at €2,200.
Tuam Mart 14-03-2022:
- 340 kg HEX by a Castlerea farmer made €960 (€2.82/kg);
- 365 kg AAX by a Tuam farmer made €980 (€2.68/kg);
- 450 kg CHX by a Dunmore farmer made €1180 (€2.62/kg);
- 480 kg LMX by a Dunmore farmer made €1310 (€2.73/kg);
- A pair 480 kg CHX by a Claremorris farmer made €1310 (€2.73/kg);
- 470 kg LM by a Cortoon farmer made €1340 (€2.85/kg);
- 520 kg LM by a Cortoon farmer made €1480 (€2.85/kg);
- 565 kg CHX by a Moylough farmer made €1610 (€2.85/kg);
- 765 kg AAX by a Tuam farmer made €2080 (€2.72/kg);
- 665 kg LMX by a Dunmore farmer made €1800 (€2.71/kg);
- 650 kg CHX by a Cummer farmer made €1720 (€2.65/kg).
- 280 kg AAX by a Lavally farmer made €710 (€2.54/kg);
- 260 kg AAX by a Tuam farmer made €710 (€2.73/kg);
- 325 kg CHX by a Castlerea farmer made €840 (€2.58/kg);
- 375 kg BAX by a Cloonkeeley farmer made €950 (€2.53/kg);
- 325 kg LMX by a Tuam farmer made €880 (€2.71/kg);
- 420 kg LM by a Cunmer farmer made €1150 (€2.74/kg);
- 480 kg LMX by a Barnaderg farmer made €1240 (€2.58/kg);
- 495 kg LM by a Headford farmer made €1380 (€2.79/kg);
- 480 kg CHX by a Claregalway farmer made €1380 (€2.88/kg);
- 515 kg CHX by a Cummer farmer made €1390 (€2.70/kg);
- 530 kg LMX by a Tuam farmer made €1440 (€2.72/kg);
- 550 kg CHX by an Irishtown farmer made €1490 (€2.71/kg);
- 595 kg LMX by a Cloonaglasha farmer made €1700 (€2.86/kg);
- 600 kg CHX by a Cummer farmer made €1580 (€2.63/kg).
Cull cow prices:
- 840 kg CHX by a Cummer farmer made €2170 (€2.58/kg);
- 790 kg CH by a Williamstown farmer made €2270 (€2.87/kg);
- 770 kg CHX by a Williamstown farmer made €1950 (€2.53/kg);
- 625 kg LMX by a Brierfield farmer made €1570 (€2.51/kg);
- 810 kg LMX by a Ballinasloe farmer made €2420 (€2.99/kg);
- 715 kg LM by a Belclare farmer made €1820 (€2.55/kg);
- 825 kg LMX by a Headford farmer made €2080 (€2.52/kg).
- Address: Church View, Corralea West, Tuam
- County: Galway
- Phone: 093-24353
Upcoming sales at Tuam Mart:
- Cattle sales every Monday;
- Sheep sales every Tuesday. Intake from 12 pm to 3 pm. Breeding ewes and hogget at 4:30 pm in ring 1 and lamb sale on the plank at 5 pm.
- Evening weanling sale: March 21st at 5:30pm;
- Special sale of cull cows: March 28th, 2022;
- Special sale of forward stores: April 4th, 2022.
- Read more mart reports.
To include your reports, email – [email protected]