Tuam Mart – cattle prices – 07-03-2022
According to Marion Devane, a “terrific” trade prevailed for cattle at Tuam Mart on Monday, March 7th, 2022.
The mart manager reported that cull cows reached €2,160, while heifers climbed to €1,770 and bullocks topped out at €2,200.
Tuam Mart 07-03-2022
Cull cow prices:
She reported that the cow trade “remained strong” at the mart’s general cattle sale.
- 605 kg LMX by a Cummer farmer made €1430 (€2.36/kg);
- 835 kg AAX by a Ballyglunin farmer made €2080 (€2.49/kg);
- 670 kg LMX by a Barnaderg farmer made €1680 (€2.51/kg);
- 825 kg CHX by a Ballinasloe farmer made €2160 (€2.62/kg);
- 615 kg BBX by a Tuam farmer made €1350 (€2.20/kg);
- 685 kg LMX by a Lavally farmer made €1700 (€2.48/kg).
- 380 kg SIX by a Lavally farmer made €990 (€2.61/kg);
- 455 kg CHX by a Lavally farmer made €1210 (€2.66/kg);
- 475 kg HEX by a Dunmore farmer made €1110 (€2.34/kg);
- 495 kg CHX by a Milltown farmer made €1340 (€2.71/kg);
- 500 kg LMX by a Lavally farmer made €1350 (€2.70/kg);
- 540 kg CHX by a Milltown farmer made €1340 (€2.71/kg);
- 585 kg BBX by an Irishtown farmer made €1650(€2.82/kg);
- 595 kg LMX by a Moylough farmer made €1750 (€2.94/kg);
- 680 kg LMX by a Tuam farmer made €1770 (€2.60/kg).
- 415 kg LMX by made €1100 (€2.65/kg);
- A pair of 487 kg HEX by a Tuam farmer made €1200 (€2.46/kg);
- 480 kg AAX made €1210 (€2.52/kg);
- 460 kg AAX made €1200 (€2.61/kg);
- 495 kg LMX by a Castlerea farmer made €1300 (€2.63/kg);
- 510 kg LMX by a Togher farmer made €1380 (€2.71/kg);
- 515 kg AAX by a Cloghanshill farmer made €1380 (€2.68/kg);
- 555 kg LMX by a Belclare farmer made €1640 (€2.95/kg);
- 575 kg LMX by a Milltown farmer made €1560 (€2.71/kg);
- 595 kg CHX by a Ballinasloe farmer made €1710 (€2.87/kg);
- 675 kg CHX by a Milltown farmer made €1850 (€2.74/kg);
- 680 kg AAX by a Dunmore farmer made €1860 (€2.74/kg);
- 745 kg by a Dunmore farmer made €2200 (€2.95/kg).
According to Devane, the sale attracted a “super” turnout of weanlings at the fortnightly evening sale.
She noted that there was a “high” level of activity from both farmers and shippers both ringside and online.
- 260 kg CHX by a Corofin farmer made €850 (€3.27/kg);
- 265 kg CHX by a Belclare farmer made €950 (€3.58/kg);
- 310 kg CHX by a Belclare farmer made €1130 (€3.65/kg);
- 355 kg CHX by a Togher farmer made €1060 (€2.99/kg);
- Three cracking 343 kg LMX heifers by an Abbeyknockmoy farmer made €1010 (€2.94/kg);
- A 390 kg CHX by a Brownsgrove farmer which made €1560 (€4.00/kg).
Weanling bull prices:
- 325 kg BBX by a Tuam farmer made €1010 (€3.11/kg);
- 330 kg LMX by a Dunmore farmer made €1040 (€3.15/kg);
- 280 kg LMX by a Claremorris farmer made €900 (€3.21/kg);
- Three CHX 341 kg by a Togher farmer made €1130 (€3.31/kg);
- 370 kg BBX by a Tuam farmer made €1180 (€3.19/kg);
- 275 kg CHX by a Togher farmer made €1000 (€3.64/kg);
- 320 kg LMX by a Tuam farmer made €990 (€3.09/kg);
- 410 kg LMX by a Cummer farmer made €1190 (€2.90/kg).
- Address: Church View, Corralea West, Tuam
- County: Galway
- Phone: 093-24353
Upcoming sales at Tuam Mart:
- Cattle sales every Monday;
- Sheep sales every Tuesday. Intake from 12 pm to 3 pm. Breeding ewes and hogget at 4:30 pm in ring 1 and lamb sale on the plank at 5 pm.
- Evening weanling sale: March 21st, 2022 at 5:30 pm;
- Special sale of cull cows: March 28th, 2022;
- Special sale of forward stores: April 4th, 2022.
- Read more mart reports.
To include your reports, email – [email protected]